Finally, Death of the 3.5 inch floppy disk

That was originally the intention with the IBM PC, e.g. the video card has its own Flash or (EPROM in the old days). Unfortunately it works in real mode only, and standardization for the software interfaces appears to have stopped around 1988. The elderly among us probably still remember Ralf Browns interrupt list.

Reply to
Dombo

I still have it on my server. The windows version (help file) even. But resent the word "elderly" :-)

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang

OK geriatric

Reply to
SG1

Legacy

Reply to
L.A.T.

There is a way to merge drivers ioto a windows install CD image, ( obviously this required writing a new CDR) AIUI microsoft calls it "slipstream"

I think ACPI is something like that.

Jasen Betts