fibreglass laminate board sources

I've been trying to find some fibreglass laminate board (or blank PCB)
that's thicker than the readily available 1.6mm thick
Ideally I'm looking for just the fibreglass laminate but single sided
board is OK as I can strip off the copper.
Thickness required are 2 and 4 mm.

Re: fibreglass laminate board sources

Does it have to be fibreglass, or will some other material suffice? i.e.
some form of polycarb sheet
What is the purpose?

Try someone like Actronics for FR4:
http://www.acetronics.com.au /

Dave.

Re: fibreglass laminate board sources

It's to be machined as an insulator covering a small PCB. Phenolic would
probable be OK.

Regards
Geoff

Re: fibreglass laminate board sources

Geoff, it will depend on how much of the glass-epoxy board you want to buy. Bare
G10/FR4 is available in sheet form (1220mm x 1020mm) as a general purpose
insulator in thicknesses from 0.2mm up to 50mm.

This company would be worth approaching.
http://www.oba-ic.com.au/oba_Laminates_Sheets.html#eglass

Here is the datasheet on the G10/FR4.
http://www.oba-ic.com.au/pdf/020511_EpoxyGlassG10_0902v3.pdf

Re: fibreglass laminate board sources

Ross,
Thanks for the info.
I'm only after small pieces (25mm x 100mm or so, 5 off) so I'll have to
see if they have any offcuts.

Regards
Geoff

Re: fibreglass laminate board sources

Why not simply do it as a PCB and order it through your usual PCB maker?
That way it's machined exactly how you want it, no fuss.
PCBcart offer 2, 2.4, and 3.2mm as standard sizes.

Dave.

:On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 03:43:13 +0000, Ross Herbert wrote:
:
:> Geoff, it will depend on how much of the glass-epoxy board you want to
:> buy. Bare G10/FR4 is available in sheet form (1220mm x 1020mm) as a
:> general purpose insulator in thicknesses from 0.2mm up to 50mm.
:>
:> This company would be worth approaching.
:> http://www.oba-ic.com.au/oba_Laminates_Sheets.html#eglass
:>
:> Here is the datasheet on the G10/FR4.
:> http://www.oba-ic.com.au/pdf/020511_EpoxyGlassG10_0902v3.pdf
:
:Ross,
:Thanks for the info.
:I'm only after small pieces (25mm x 100mm or so, 5 off) so I'll have to
:see if they have any offcuts.
:
:Regards
:Geoff

They may be able to tell you who buys the stuff from them and you can then
approach these organisations for off-cuts.

Site Timeline