Fibre optic LED extender?

I'm looking for a way to route the light from an LED indicator on a
pre-made module, to the front panel of a device.

What I think I'm looking for is some kind of fibre optic arrangement,
with a bezel on one end for panel mounting, and either a clip of some
kind at the other end, or an open end that I can somehow attach to the
LED.  I do not want to connect electrically to this pre-made module.

Is this something that exists?  If so, where can I get some?

Thanks,
Peter

Re: Fibre optic LED extender?

"Peter"

** A clear Perspex rod ( 6 to 10mm dia) will transmit the light from a LED
nicely.

The LED end needs to be polished and the other can be roughened with fine
emery, if you like.

....   Phil

Re: Fibre optic LED extender?

Thanks, Phil, but I forgot to specify that the solution would need to be
flexible rather than rigid.

Thanks,
Peter

Re: Fibre optic LED extender?

"Peter"

** Clear, solid, PVC extrusion exists.

 A sharp blade will make smooth surfaced cuts.

....  Phil

Re: Fibre optic LED extender?
Try a $2.00 shop , some sell fibre bundles that work well

--

Re: Fibre optic LED extender?

In the past I've used plastic fibreoptic cores for this. The image is
the same diameter as the core, so larger diameter is better. I've
always found that visibility is OK.

Re: Fibre optic LED extender?

Seconded. Farnell used to sell it in small quantities. Cutting with a
hot scalpel gave me good results.

Site Timeline