Fibre optic LED extender?

I'm looking for a way to route the light from an LED indicator on a pre-made module, to the front panel of a device.

What I think I'm looking for is some kind of fibre optic arrangement, with a bezel on one end for panel mounting, and either a clip of some kind at the other end, or an open end that I can somehow attach to the LED. I do not want to connect electrically to this pre-made module.

Is this something that exists? If so, where can I get some?

Thanks, Peter

Reply to
Peter

"Peter"

** A clear Perspex rod ( 6 to 10mm dia) will transmit the light from a LED nicely.

The LED end needs to be polished and the other can be roughened with fine emery, if you like.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Thanks, Phil, but I forgot to specify that the solution would need to be flexible rather than rigid.

Thanks, Peter

Reply to
Peter

** Clear, solid, PVC extrusion exists.

A sharp blade will make smooth surfaced cuts.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Try a $2.00 shop , some sell fibre bundles that work well

--

Reply to
atec77

In the past I've used plastic fibreoptic cores for this. The image is the same diameter as the core, so larger diameter is better. I've always found that visibility is OK.

Reply to
Bruce Varley

Seconded. Farnell used to sell it in small quantities. Cutting with a hot scalpel gave me good results.

Reply to
DTJ