Feb 1 = Ban the Bulb Day - Page 2

Re: Feb 1 = Ban the Bulb Day
The light bulbs are not illegal. You just can not import them. In fact
if you could make them yourself there is nothing stopping you at the moment.

Re: Feb 1 = Ban the Bulb Day

I've never seen them under 150W, and therefore exempt, have you?

MrT.

Re: Feb 1 = Ban the Bulb Day

http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/sinodisp/au/legis/cth/num_reg_es/ciar20087n256o2008622.html?query=^incandescent#disp10

Do you expect customs to check every small package marked gift or even nominal
value ?

Graham

Re: Feb 1 = Ban the Bulb Day
the
Australia
256
>>http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/sinodisp/au/legis/cth/num_reg_es/ci...incandescent#disp10
value ?

I expect that most suppliers won't have a clue about it, and will
happily continue to import through eager suppliers. Customs may not
even notice or care (if they do even check stuff), esp when the pleb
that checks sees they are "just lightbulbs".
So with any luck it'll all just end up as one of those stupid hidden
laws that no-one knows or cares about, and we can forget all this
silliness.

Dave.

Re: Feb 1 = Ban the Bulb Day
"David L. Jerkoff"

** Wot absurd crap  !!!!!!!

All lamp importers & suppliers were notified long ago of the proposals and
the new law.

** That is absurd.

All lamp importers & suppliers were notified of the proposals and the new
law.

Seems none of them put up even the tiniest fight against it  -  cos it
suited them financially to go along.

** Australian Customs are fully aware of the new law and will be enforcing
it.

**  D. L. Jerkoff  has posted absurd drivel here before

 -  but this  LOAD  of  UTTER  SHIT   takes the bloody cake  !!!!

Laws making  RETAIL  SALE  of the same lamps  ILLEGAL  in all states will be
on place by the end of this year.

Any shopkeeper with them on offer after November 2009 can be fined and stock
confiscated.

 **  Anyone as  ABSURDLY  narcissistic as  David L. Jones should be locked
up for his own protection.

And ours.

......    Phil

Re: Feb 1 = Ban the Bulb Day

I saw that bit too.

Good to see neo- Stalinism is on the rise.

Graham

Re: Feb 1 = Ban the Bulb Day

All Phil's usual dribble snipped.

I thought that might get you all riled up and foaming Phil, thanks for
the laugh!

Can't wait to see you going around with your plastic badge dobbing in
all these hardened crims selling illegal light bulbs. Perhaps you'll
get your mug on Today Tonight or A Current Affair as a special
investigative reporter, now that would sure make for some hilarious
television!
Good luck.

Dave.

What A Jerkoff

"David L. Jerkoff"

** Wot absurd crap  !!!!!!!

All lamp importers & suppliers were notified long ago of the proposals and
the new law.

** That is  TOTALLY  absurd.

All lamp importers & suppliers were notified of the proposals and the new
law.

Seems none of them put up even the tiniest fight against it  -  cos it
suited them financially to go along.

** Australian Customs are fully aware of the new law and will be enforcing
it.

**  D. L. Jerkoff  has posted absurd drivel here before

 -  but this  LOAD  of  UTTER  SHIT   takes the bloody cake  !!!!

Laws making  RETAIL  SALE  of the same lamps  ILLEGAL  in all states will be
on place by the end of this year.

Any shopkeeper with them on offer after November 2009 can be fined and stock
confiscated.

**  Anyone as  ABSURDLY  narcissistic as  David L. Jones should be locked
up for his own protection.  And ours too.

.....   Phil

Feb 1 = Ban the Bulb Day

*snip Phil's usual childish re-post with subject and name changes*

Having fun today Phil? I know I am!

Dave.

Feb 1 = Ban the Bulb Day

Whee, this is fun, just like a merry-go-round!

Dave.

Re: Feb 1 = Ban the Bulb Day

I gather you don't watch Border Patrol on TV?

Oh wait, you cruel bastard.

Re: Feb 1 = Ban the Bulb Day

   If Phil was on the show they would have to call it 'A Current
Despair'

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Re: Feb 1 = Ban the Bulb Day

The local Safeway and Coles had No Stock last night of BC standard
light bulbs, except for 5 left at Coles, 100watt, which I bought. They
had plenty of ES though in all the usual wattages. The room on the
shelves which the banned bulbs took up has already been replaced with
other stuff. They had some reflector types in BC though.

Site Timeline