Farnell disappearing in Aus and NZ?

Anyone know why Farnell is changing their name to "element 14"? Maybe they are in real trouble in Australia. There stock levels have been low lately.

Reply to
Geoff C

hey?

Look like West Australian Web Developers here:

was there a news report?

Cheers Don...

-- Don McKenzie

Site Map:

E-Mail Contact Page:
Web Camera Page:
No More Damn Spam:

USB Isolator 1000VDC For Protecting Your PC OR Laptop

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:

Don McKenzie

Don McKenzie wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

I think that is a different crowd. Looks like Farnell in Aus are no more. We think that sales are now out of Asia to Aus. The only news I saw was the reular Farnell spam this morning.

Reply to
Geoff C

Any help?

Metro......

Reply to
Metro

Ok thanks Geoff. last farnell spam I got was the 22nd, and guess what?

I checked my email trash box, and of course I suppress graphics initially with my email program, and there it was in a graphic message, sitting in my trash box.

for interested parties.

for the new home page.

Now I guess I will get element14 spam. Must be time to unsubscribe. Next time I purchase I guess I will opt in again. It is just a bit too regular to be comfortable.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam

USB Isolator 1000VDC For Protecting Your PC OR Laptop
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/usb-iso-low-full-speed-usb-isolator.html

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.html
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Don McKenzie wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

Yeah, I hardly look at Farnell spam, only that the heading was marked 'important' or some such.

That software company element14 in WA maight have a case for trademark infringement!

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff C

No, they are "rebranding" to "Element-14" which has been their (poorly designed IME) online blog/community name for some time now. They have been pushing that really hard. Content providers beware, like most other online engineering communities/forums they are fishing around for free blog content. Freebies to be had in exchange for providing content for their site etc.

RS "DesignSpark" and Farnell's "Element-14" are going to beat each other to a pulp to be the online engineering community of choice. Both now other free PCB designs tools.

Some d*****ad marketing/director person will get a big promotion for suggesting the branding change no doubt.

Dave.

http://www.alternatezone.com/eevblog/
Reply to
David L. Jones

After decades of getting their "brand" recognised they change it! Dickheads - hey maybe they hired the ex Microchip PicKit3 manager/eng.

Element14 sounds more like a game my kids would play, I've visited the element14 site a couple of times and left unimpressed. I needed to place a Farnell order, I'm going with RS instead.

Reply to
Dennis

I've bought stuff recently from Newark, who a couple of months ago reported being taken over by Farnell. However their website and ordering remain unchanged, and at the time I found that Farnell's prices on the items I wanted were around around double Newark's.

Newark will also ship USPS if you specifically request it which makes things cheaper.

noone

Farnell has owned Newark for several years.

I checked when I noticed the similarities in branding.

--
??pun u?op ?o?? s?u??????

Jasen Betts

yep, they used to offer a "buy in service". My Farnell rep bought in Newark catalogs for us to use.

Reply to
Dennis