Farnell disappearing in Aus and NZ?

Anyone know why Farnell is changing their name to "element 14"? Maybe they
are in real trouble in Australia. There stock levels have been low lately.

Re: Farnell disappearing in Aus and NZ?

hey?

Look like West Australian Web Developers here:
http://www.element14.com.au/index.php

was there a news report?

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Farnell disappearing in Aus and NZ?

I think that is a different crowd. Looks like Farnell in Aus are no more.
We think that sales are now out of Asia to Aus. The only news I saw was the
reular Farnell spam this morning.

Re: Farnell disappearing in Aus and NZ?

Ok thanks Geoff.
last farnell spam I got was the 22nd, and guess what?

I checked my email trash box, and of course I suppress graphics initially with
my email program, and there it was in a
graphic message, sitting in my trash box.

http://planet.farnell.com/apac/email/asean/sp/SP2_edm_AU.html
for interested parties.

http://au.element14.com /
for the new home page.

Now I guess I will get element14 spam. Must be time to unsubscribe. Next time I
purchase I guess I will opt in again. It
is just a bit too regular to be comfortable.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Farnell disappearing in Aus and NZ?

Yeah, I hardly look at Farnell spam, only that the heading was marked
'important' or some such.

That software company element14 in WA maight have a case for trademark
infringement!

Geoff

Re: Farnell disappearing in Aus and NZ?

Any help?

http://au.element14.com/jsp/bespoke/bespoke2.jsp?bespokepage=e14/en_AU/inside/profile.jsp

Metro......

Re: Farnell disappearing in Aus and NZ?

No, they are "rebranding" to "Element-14" which has been their (poorly
designed IME) online blog/community name for some time now. They have been
pushing that really hard. Content providers beware, like most other online
engineering communities/forums they are fishing around for free blog
content. Freebies to be had in exchange for providing content for their site
etc.

RS "DesignSpark" and Farnell's "Element-14" are going to beat each other to
a pulp to be the online engineering community of choice. Both now other free
PCB designs tools.

Some dickhead marketing/director person will get a big promotion for
suggesting the branding change no doubt.

Dave.

Re: Farnell disappearing in Aus and NZ?

After decades of getting their "brand" recognised they change it!
Dickheads - hey maybe they hired the ex Microchip PicKit3 manager/eng.

Element14 sounds more like a game my kids would play, I've visited the
element14 site a couple of times and left unimpressed. I needed to place a
Farnell order, I'm going with RS instead.

Re: Farnell disappearing in Aus and NZ?

I've bought stuff recently from Newark, who a couple of months ago
reported being taken over by Farnell. However their website and
ordering remain unchanged, and at the time I found that Farnell's
prices on the items I wanted were around around double Newark's.

Newark will also ship USPS if you specifically request it which makes
things cheaper.

http://www.newark.com/

Re: Farnell disappearing in Aus and NZ?

Farnell has owned Newark for several years.

I checked when I noticed the similarities in branding.

--
ɹǝpun uʍop ɯoɹɟ sƃuıʇǝǝɹ⅁

Re: Farnell disappearing in Aus and NZ?

yep, they used to offer a "buy in service". My Farnell rep bought in Newark
catalogs for us to use.

Site Timeline