Fake IEC leads - AGAIN ???

"John Tserkezis"

At last count, Phil claims that fake IEC power leads do not even exist.
** I was the FIRST person to raise the matter of fake IEC leads here on August 2, 2002 under the heading: " IEC lead scam ?? "

Hi to all,

I have in my workshop a standard (black) IEC female to three pin lead which arrived with a repair job. The 3 pin plug was damaged so I cut it off and began to prepare the wires when I stopped dead.

On the IEC plug is printed "10 A / 250 V " and on the cable itself is printed "18 AWG x 3C " - it is 6.5 mm in diameter.

The wire in fact consists of 18 strands of 0.11mm copper or about 0.17 sq mm in total while 18 AWG is equal to 0.82 sq mm.

The very thin cable actually used equates to a rating of maybe 4 amps - this is very dangerous.

I will try to discover where this lead came from.

Regards, Phil

The above post resulted in a 135 post long thread PLUS follow up threads of 41 and 21 posts.

Regardless of the fact that I've initially offered one for him to test.
** No point in testing any lead when JT will not reveal where it came from.
Feel free to use Google groups to gather evidence of your own.
** It backs me up utterly and completely.
I've spent some time in the loony bin. (also documented)
** That is *NO* surprise to anyone ........
You're welcome to make up your own mind as to who the real loony is.
** Think the game is ALL over - pal.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison