fairchild has dropped their LED line. Any recommendations for suppliers?

It looks like Fairchild has dropped their line of colour LEDs.

What a shame.

I'm guessing its because of the many LED manufacturers out there that are getting very competitive in price and quality.

But for a manufacturer that is known for their good reputation in transistors and diodes, I would have thought that people would want to go to them for their reliability.

I am in need of a couple of thousand LEDs,. nothing special just your average low brightness run of the mill red orange and green ones. Trouble is that typing in LED manufacturer into google gives you an inordinate amount of crappy hits. None of which are familiar to me.

Can anyone recommend a fully automated hassle free competitive company with a nice automated ordering process that you can recommend for large quantities of LEDs?

-Phil

Reply to
Phil in Melbourne

What about calling your local suppliers - Xon / Tenrod etc - give them some ballpark specs and let them do the work for you. Worst thing is finding a suitable part and then finding it's a pain in the butt to get hold of.

Reply to
rob

Try Tenrod, who distribute the KingBright LEDs.

Reply to
swanny

I'd prefer to deal direct with the manufacturer. Tenrod does not have an online ordering system.

I like the system that companies such as fairchild and maxim have. It cuts out the middle man and you know you are not paying inflated prices (which adds up to quite a bit when adding even one cent to each component)...... also the shipping dates and stock levels are completely transparent, unlike most middle man companies.

Cheers, Phil

Reply to
Phil in Melbourne

Most manufacturers dont deal directly (other than for samples) and the ones that do normally ship via their distrubuter anyway. The prices directly from manufacturers tend to be inflated as well. If you are using large quantities, you would be far better off striking up a good relationship with your local distributer.

Reply to
The Real Andy