Failed Electro - Page 5

Re: Failed Electro

Well there is that to be borne in mind of course. Talk is cheap when you don't
need to back up anything of your own.

Graham

Re: Failed Electro

This is something you misunderstand. It's not optimism at all - it's
something called confidence, that comes from doing it right the first
time, by distrusting everything along the way - you don't sign off on
the component or subassembly until you can _demonstrate_ that it meets
or exceeds the spec.

Cheers!
Rich

Re: Failed Electro

We've all got that, mostly with good reason. Even so, the evidence
suggests that nobody gets everything right, every time.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Re: Failed Electro

I (the company) sold a prototype to a client. We replaced it with a production
model about a year later but let them keep the original which they still have as
it was the first pro-mixer the venue had ever bought.

Graham

Re: Failed Electro

Obviously a very demanding and sophisticated customer.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Re: Failed Electro

time.
production
have as

They are. They just won Music Pub Of the Year award. AND are lined up for another
award later this year.
http://thehorn.co.uk /

I will be shortly installing a further upgrade still ( 3 way active DSP FOH
speaker
controller).
http://www.dbxpro.com/pa/pa.htm

You won't find those in many pubs nor these ...... The pic on top is ours
http://www.allen-heath.com/US/gl2400.asp

Nor to mention a dedicated 32A feed to the amp rack on a CEE-form connector.

Graham

Re: Failed Electro

One of the well known problems of selling measuring instruments to the
brewing industry is that the people who use them tend to have a
relatively high blood alcohol level. They aren't always the most
discriminating of customers, and the gear they use has to have good
operator-error detection and thoroughly transparent error-recovery
procedures.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Re: Failed Electro

time.
production
have as

You're not wrong. The pre-production prototype worked just fine for that year
before
they got a production model. Nary a problem. I only just recently discovered they
still have it actually and the boss said "we're not letting that one go" because
it
was at that point that the the venue became 'professional'.

Graham

Re: Failed Electro

Ah yes. Signing off ! That says it all. Been asked to do that more than a few
times. No disasters so far !

Graham

Re: Failed Electro

The most reliable sign of sanity is doing the same thing while expecting
different results.

Cheers!
Rich

Re: Failed Electro