FA: 33k6 modems, 52x IDE CD-ROM drive, ISDN router (Ebay, Sydney) - Page 2

Re: FA: 33k6 modems, 52x IDE CD-ROM drive, ISDN router (Ebay, Sydney)

Ahh, I KNEW there was a reason why I didnt subscribe to aus.comms.* :P

MaX

Re: FA: 33k6 modems, 52x IDE CD-ROM drive, ISDN router (Ebay, Sydney)

Most of the stuff we throw out doesn't end up in land fill now days anyway!!
When was the last time you went to the tip? You don't just back up to the
edge of the cliff and throw it all over anymore! You back up to a railing,
with huge dump bins below you. It all gets sorted through and separated
before anything even hits the dirt! I'd bet dollars to pesos that if he did
throw the modems and stuff out, they would automatically end up at a
recyclers anyway so what's your problem?
Chris

--
I'm not always right,
But I'm never wrong!

Actually, you throw it over the railing, it gets compacted and then
put in the land fill. You can fit more in the land fill that way.

Re: FA: 33k6 modems, 52x IDE CD-ROM drive, ISDN router (Ebay, Sydney)

anyway!!

It gets compacted so more shit can be put in the ground.

I'd bet dollars to pesos that if he did

The problem is that you are completely wrong on that. It doesn't get
recycled, it gets put in landfill.

Re: FA: 33k6 modems, 52x IDE CD-ROM drive, ISDN router (Ebay, Sydney)

I suppose $5.00 for the lot is half way to buying a 6 pack of light
beer, but fuck me, who in their right mind would.

**** True,so very true!!

Brian Goldsmith.

Re: FA: 33k6 modems, 52x IDE CD-ROM drive, ISDN router (Ebay, Sydney)

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 17:47:00 +1000, The Real Andy

A 33.6K data/fax/voice modem could be attached to a cheap PC and used
as a paperless fax, or as an answering service. I'd be wary about
buying a used CD-ROM, though.

Anyway, don't Ebay's terms and conditions prohibit spamming?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item52%44570621&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item58%10702467&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item68%03772426&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

-- Franc Zabkar

Re: FA: 33k6 modems, 52x IDE CD-ROM drive, ISDN router (Ebay, Sydney)

Anyone wiht a clue can do that on their main PC.

Makes a lot more sense to get a DVD instead.

They certainly dont prohibit what he did.