Europeans drop watt in favour of lumen

It's highly relevant.

Watts = electrical power in Lumens = visible light out.

Lumens / watt = measure of lighting efficiency.

Graham

-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore

I agree. The exact figure ought to be added to the A-G Energy efficiency rating bar on the side of the carton.

Oh and bulb output should be measured at half life. That'll knock the CFLs a bit.

Graham

-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore

They have nothing to do with how bright the light is.

Graham

-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore

Graham

-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore

I was thinking half-life actually.