EU to Band the Bulb Too !! - Page 2

Re: EU to Ban the Bulb Too !!

Nope.

China uses about 2/3rd's fossil fuel for electricity:
http://www.cslforum.org/china.htm
India is similar:
http://www.cslforum.org/india.htm

Dave :)

Re: EU to Ban the Bulb Too !!

and we're givin' a lot of it to 'em (China), to burn.

Mark Kelepouris

Re: EU to Ban the Bulb Too !!

http://www.cslforum.org/china.htm

"China is presently the world's greatest coal producer and accounts for
about 30% of the world's total annual coal production. China is also the
world's greatest coal consumer, accounting for more than 28% of the world's
total annual coal consumption."

China exports coal. Any coal to China from Australia is typically of very
high quality and with specific characterics .

and http://www.australiancoal.com.au/exports.htm

If you review the last link you will see that Aust exports approx 45% of
exported coal to Japan, China takes less then 10% of our coal of which
approx 50% is used as Metallurgical Coal and approx 50% as very high quality
Thermal Coal. Australia produces less then 7% of the worlds yearly coal
production.

Re: EU to Ban the Bulb Too !!

China's been building coal fired power stations for quite a while now.

Re: EU to Ban the Bulb Too !!

"dmm"

** Don't you believe it,  it's all part of a elaborate ploy   -

the Chinese have a far more insidious purpose for black coal.

Believe it or not  -    they have figured out how to convert the

black stuff into high quality  DIAMONDS   !!

All the  Sou-Fafricans are having kittens   ...........

Soon as the Chinese perfect conversion of lead into gold

in one of their a nuclear reactors  -

the MASSIVE  diamond ring business is  ALL THEIRS  !!

.......   Phil

Re: EU to Band the Bulb Too !!

How about baning those dreadful halogen downlights first!
They are now a MUCH bigger issue than regular incandescents.
Old houses used to have one or two light fittings in every room,
modern houses have 5-10+ halogen downlights per room, hundreds per
home. Insane.

Dave :)

Re: EU to Band the Bulb Too !!

"David L. Jones"
 "Phil Allison"

** AFAIK -  halogen downlights are to be banned too, but maybe not
immediately.

Relacing them with CFL equivalents is very expensive and STILL depends on
the exact same nonsensical fallacies being used to justify banning larger
bulbs.

.......   Phil

Re: EU to Band the Bulb Too !!

Yes, typically 8 or so of those 50w halogen downlights in a kitchen,
and they give much less usable light than the traditional 40w (now
36w) 4' fluro.

Not to mention that many of these halogen downlights also were
emitting dangerous amounts of UV light, (unless this has been fixed
somehow) with similar effects to the skin as excessive sun exposure.

Re: EU to Band the Bulb Too !!

The halogens can at least provide light where it's needed, whereas
the fluro is generally in the centre of the room. This creates shadows
where they're not wanted.