ESR-Meter MK2 spare-parts (ZILOG faulty)

HI@all here!
I have this MKII ESR- Meter in use and I need the customized processor
build by ZILOG. Unfortunatly I swapped the test leads from my
mutimeter to control the mains cap in a tv-set and my MK2 said
"plopp". I repaired it, but the processor is faulty, too. The writing
on the part looks: Z86E0408PSC. A blank chip will not work
I ve had problems to find support for this meter. In the present time
Dick Smith does not sell that anymore. I was very happy with this fine
tool in the past and I want to use it further on.
Alternativ: could you tell me any connection to bring this meter back
to life?
A blank chip will not work, as you know. I dont want to put it away.
Now I detected via goggle this group and I would be happy to get any
hint for this customized programmed IC.
Best Regards from Germany

Re: ESR-Meter MK2 spare-parts (ZILOG faulty)

Hi from Australia,
contact you directly.
    Or you can e-mail me through this disposable e-mail address:

Regards
Bob
(I designed that meter)

Re: ESR-Meter MK2 spare-parts (ZILOG faulty)

HI
THX for your friendly answer,
the mail reached me and you should look at my answer
Regards from Germany
Winfried

Re: ESR-Meter MK2 spare-parts (ZILOG faulty)

Thanks Winfried - I got your reply OK! :-)

Bob

Site Timeline