EPROM Programmers

Hi all,

I have just acquired a daughterboard based system for the ECU in my car. It uses EPROMs with updated/revised/modified data to allow different components to be used on the motor.

The chips currently installed are AMD AM29F010B chips. I'm looking for a programmer that i can use, interfaced through windows via serial, parallel or USB to be able to read, erase and program them.

I had a quick look on eBay and there seems to be a rather wide range of prices from 15 - over 100 bucks for some programmers.

Worth my while spending more money on a programmer? or would the cheaper ones work?

I wouldn't be using it much at all as once the tune and modifications are done they would be basically untouched so i'm hoping a cheaper unit would be OK for my use (although things are never cheap when it comes to cars!).

Thanks,

What The.

Reply to
What The

The cheap one should be fine, as long as it supports the device you need. Flash devices like the AM29F010B have their own programming timing circuitry built in, so either the cheap programmer software will work or it won't. There should be no issue over data reliability as there can be with older EPROM technology.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones