EPROM eraser aka UV Toothbrush Sanitiser

Aldi are selling a UV Toothbrush Sanitiser for AU$15:
http://www.aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/offers_20100114.htm

It might make a cheap EPROM eraser.

- Franc Zabkar

Re: EPROM eraser aka UV Toothbrush Sanitiser

Your URL is for next week, the UV lamp is for this week at this URL:

http://www.aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/offers_20100107.htm

Also, this URL shows a different 'sterilizer' that also appears to be
battery operated, together
with a user comment that it does indeed erase EPROMs

The guy commented that it erased 99.9% in 12 minutes, which is not bad.
I used to allow at least 20 minutes with one of the mains-powered 20W
clear-glass flouros.

Re: EPROM eraser aka UV Toothbrush Sanitiser

The other steriliser probably uses one of these lamp/drivers...
http://keenly.en.alibaba.com/product/273677937-209670960/UVC_F4_cold_cathode_lamp_for_toothbrush_sterilization_45mm_length.html

Re: EPROM eraser aka UV Toothbrush Sanitiser

finger to keyboard and composed:

Sorry, I did have the correct URL, but I cut and pasted the wrong one.

Thanks.

- Franc Zabkar