EPROM eraser aka UV Toothbrush Sanitiser

Aldi are selling a UV Toothbrush Sanitiser for AU$15:

It might make a cheap EPROM eraser.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Your URL is for next week, the UV lamp is for this week at this URL:

Also, this URL shows a different 'sterilizer' that also appears to be battery operated, together with a user comment that it does indeed erase EPROMs

The guy commented that it erased 99.9% in 12 minutes, which is not bad. I used to allow at least 20 minutes with one of the mains-powered 20W clear-glass flouros.

Reply to
fritz

The other steriliser probably uses one of these lamp/drivers...

fritz

On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 23:19:45 +0100, "fritz" put finger to keyboard and composed:

Sorry, I did have the correct URL, but I cut and pasted the wrong one.

Thanks.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar