energy meter with AVR.....help please!!!

please help me .....
I want to build an energy meter with AVR micro controller but I don't
know what I have to do ....
please sent to me a file or articles or anything that can help
me .......
 please can you help me?
first, I have to make AVR system downloader.......
and I don't  know I have to try it.

thanks a lot of your attention...

Re: energy meter with AVR.....help please!!!

Let me guess, it's a uni project?

PIC version:
http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_102045/article.html
Convert source code to run on AVR and you are done.
Assembly code unfortunately:
http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/attachments/show.html?year20%04&month=July

Dave.

Re: energy meter with AVR.....help please!!!

ATMEL has an app-note on their website

  http://atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/doc2566.pdf

programming hardware? there's a bunch of them out there
all the open source programming software comes with how-tos for
building atleast one type.  If your PC has a printer port the
printer-port based ones are the simplest to make.

Bye.
   Jasen

Re: energy meter with AVR.....help please!!!

Had some problems with the printer port i/f programming Atmel 89c51 family.
Just unreliable. Doesn't always work. Re-boots sometimes needed (under XP
).

Graham

Re: energy meter with AVR.....help please!!!

I can't comment on that I've only used parallel programmers with linux
(and briefly win98) and only with AVR chips, never had an issue that
needed a reboot to enable the programmer.

Is the 89c51 programming a SPI type of interface like the AVR or something else?

Bye.
   Jasen

Re: energy meter with AVR.....help please!!!

jasen, how about the compiler program codevision AVR or AVR studio or
something else?

Re: energy meter with AVR.....help please!!!

I use the avr targeted version of GCC for C,
and avra for (ATMEL syntax) assembler,
and arvdude to load...

there's a bunch I haven't used too.
sdcc, ava, uisp ,simulavr ...

--

Bye.
   Jasen

Re: energy meter with AVR.....help please!!!

I've been using a printer port PIC programmer under XP without problem.
Could be it's driver is just better designed. I just bought a USB one
though as my laptop has no parallel port, that is what will eventually
cause the demise of the printer port type.

Keith

Re: energy meter with AVR.....help please!!!

Might be cheaper to just buy a USB to parallel port adapter if you already
have one though.
But I doubt anyone is designing anything new for parallel port use.

MrT.

Re: energy meter with AVR.....help please!!!

might be. linux provides an abstraction layer that'd probably let
parallel-port programmer software work with USB printer ports.
but I get the feeling that most windows ones want to access the
hardware directly. ICBW.

there is that guy in S.E.B. with his 30VAC motor monitor...

Bye.
   Jasen

Re: energy meter with AVR.....help please!!!

Learning some electronics (and basic electricity) is usually a good
starting point. That's how I learnt to be a design consultant. It
requires though, effort, motivation and lots of time.

You're not so much trying to run before you can walk but be an Olympic
athlete first.

Graham

Site Timeline