Energiser 'Energi To Go' phone charger - what's inside?

Has anyone taken one of these apart?
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
Is it anything more than just a plastic battery holder and connector cable?
If so, $20 for a battery holder seems expensive?

Mike

Re: Energiser 'Energi To Go' phone charger - what's inside?

yes it is $20USD for a battery case and standard batteries:
http://www.energizer.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/video/cell_phone_charger/demo.wmv

I have to be in the wrong game. :-)

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Energiser 'Energi To Go' phone charger - what's inside?

It tells you:
"Patented intelligent control chip that maximizes power transfer from the
charger to the cell phone"
Otherwise known as a boost DC-DC converter that converts the 3V from the
batteries to the voltage required for the phone charger system (the phone
handles it's own charging, this device just supplies the voltage and enough
current). IIRC Motorola phones need 9V.

Dave.

Re: Energiser 'Energi To Go' phone charger - what's inside?

I have a gizmo like that that came free with my Nokia phone. It takes an
AA cell, & it's actually a switched-mode boost converter: 1.5V to 5V.

OTOH, the one you're talking about takes two (3V?) lithium cells, so
maybe it /is/ just a battery holder with a switch in it.

  . | ,. w ,   "Some people are alive only because
Re: Energiser 'Energi To Go' phone charger - what's inside?

(Amazon.com product link shortened)

No, it uses two standard Lithium AA's which are 1.5V, so it needs to have a
boost converter in it to get the 5V or whatever is required.
The blurb even tells you it has a "Patented intelligent control chip"

Dave.

Re: Energiser 'Energi To Go' phone charger - what's inside?
(Amazon.com product link shortened)

Well, the one I have works off a 1.5V or 1.2V cell.

Oh yeah, so you KNOW it's good, eh? ;^)

http://www.alternatezone.com/eevblog /