Enclosure machining / routing

Im looking for a Perth company to route/punch/mill some conntector slots in some 1.6mm aluminium enclosure end plates.

Can anyone recommend a place that does this in small volumes - 10 to 20 pieces at a time.

The cut out is a simple 32x7mm slot. I've heard some engraving companies may be able to do them.

Any suggestions + cost guesstimates gratefully received. rob

Reply to
Rob

Try CTSM (Close Tolerance Sheet Metalwork) Unit 5

170 Beechboro Road South Bayswater 6053 Tel 9271 1882

Talk to Mark D'Evelynes.

They do a lot of good quality work for some of the electronics and radio companies around Perth

HTH Alan

-- Sell your surplus electronic components at

Search or browse for that IC, capacitor, crystal or other component you need.

Reply to
Alan

in

may

Cheers Alan. I'll check them out.

Reply to
Rob

Lasers are the bomb these days. Find your nearest laser cutting factory in your yellow pages and give em a call.

Reply to
The Real Andy

slots

20

Yep, I've had some stainless D connector panels done before - neat & cheap in 50+ units.

I haven't called any of the sheeties with lasers as they seem to be interested in sticking a plain sheet on the table and cutting away. I've assumed that cutting the end plates that I have would be to fiddly for them to bother with and that the price would be jacked up to compensate for this.

An alternative would be to get completely new plates cut/bent but this would mean getting them powder coated or anodised black like the originals.

A mini cnc mill in the workshop would be nice....

rob

Reply to
Rob

If you want to go this way CTSM have good contacts for powder coating as well