Enclosure machining / routing

Im looking for a Perth company to route/punch/mill some conntector slots in
some 1.6mm aluminium enclosure end plates.

Can anyone recommend a place that does this in small volumes - 10 to 20
pieces at a time.

The cut out is a simple 32x7mm slot. I've heard some engraving companies may
be able to do them.

Any suggestions + cost guesstimates gratefully received.
rob

Re: Enclosure machining / routing

Try CTSM (Close Tolerance Sheet Metalwork)
Unit 5
170 Beechboro Road South
Bayswater 6053
Tel 9271 1882

Talk to Mark D'Evelynes.

They do a lot of good quality work for some of the electronics and
radio companies around Perth

HTH
Alan

--
Sell your surplus electronic components at
http://ozcomponents.com

in
may

Cheers Alan. I'll check them out.

Re: Enclosure machining / routing

Lasers are the bomb these days. Find your nearest laser cutting
factory in your yellow pages and give em a call.

Re: Enclosure machining / routing

slots
20

Yep, I've had some stainless D connector panels done before - neat & cheap
in 50+ units.

I haven't called any of the sheeties with lasers as they seem to be
interested in sticking a plain sheet on the table and cutting away. I've
assumed that cutting the end plates that I have would be to fiddly for them
to bother with and that the price would be jacked up to compensate for this.

An alternative would be to get completely new plates cut/bent but this would
mean getting them powder coated or anodised black like the originals.

A mini cnc mill in the workshop would be nice....

rob

Re: Enclosure machining / routing

If you want to go this way CTSM have good contacts for powder coating
as well

Alan