element14 order status - is 'complete' the same as shipped?

I trying to understand the 'my orders' page.
It says my order status is 'Complete'.
Further down the page it defines Complete as Fulfilled (whatever that means).
I don't see anything about shipping or a tracking number.

Ideas anyone?

Mike

Re: element14 order status - is 'complete' the same as shipped?

You will get another email when it ships.
Last time I ordered there, I think I had to wait 3 weeks for the shipping
message.
Possibly because it wasn't in Australia.

A lot of companies do this these days. My last Dealexteme order, I waited 3
weeks then cancelled.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

$30 for an Olinuxino Linux PC:
Re: element14 order status - is 'complete' the same as shipped?

**Geez, you're impatient. Dealextreme have some nice things, but they
are VERY slow.

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: element14 order status - is 'complete' the same as shipped?
slow.

I'll rephrase that answer Trevor.

Dealexteme have an AU shipping option, meaning the item is in Australia and is
delivered by toll courier in 5 to 7 days
after placing your order. see:
http://e.dx.com/promotion/au-direct-shipping/index.html
The item also costs more than shipping from China, so I elected to pay more and
have it shipped locally, as it was
advertised as being in stock, and should arrive in a week.

Then after 3 weeks I cancelled. I wanted the item for a trip that I was taking 4
weeks after I ordered.
Was I really impatient?

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

$30 for an Olinuxino Linux PC:
Re: element14 order status - is 'complete' the same as shipped?

**Clearly not. Sorry, I just assumed you ordered from China.

A point about buying stuff from wherever though. I noted that DX had
some 8 Watt, LED, 240VAC lamps for $13.00. I was strolling through Aldi
the other day and noted some 8 Watt, LED, BC lamps for $11.00. I picked
one up to see what it was like. In a word - brilliant. I have a Philips
11 Watt CFL installed in a table lamp. I replaced it with the Aldi LED
lamp and noted an instant improvement in light output. I'll do the
measurements to confirm later, but will keep an eye peeled for more of
the Aldi versions.

OTOH: These things from DX are amazing:

http://dx.com/p/12w-7000k-800-lumen-white-led-emitter-metal-strip-12-14v-80512?rt=1&p=0&m=0&r=3&k=1&t=1&s80%310&u80%512

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: element14 order status - is 'complete' the same as shipped?

Watt, LED, 240VAC lamps for $13.00. I was
$11.00. I picked one up to see what it was
lamp. I replaced it with the Aldi LED
measurements to confirm later, but will keep an eye
http://dx.com/p/12w-7000k-800-lumen-white-led-emitter-metal-strip-12-14v-80512?rt=1&p=0&m=0&r=3&k=1&t=1&s80%310&u80%512

No wukkers Trevor. I gave you the abbreviated version. Yes, there are some great
products and some rubbish. You need to
buy and try.

 From my good friend Mick:
I have these in the Kitchen
They are every bit as bright as the 50w halogens and a lot better... The light
is WHITE Not yellow and are wide spread
not narrow beam like Halogen.
Best thing I did....  I replaced 6 x 50W halogen (300w) with 6 x 3.8W (23w) LED
and much better result...
To power them I used a 12V 5A power supply
...Cant find  it on DX at moment but standard 12V 5a laptop type plug pack
thingo...

Chinese can turn out some great stuff, and some real rubbish. Almost needs a
data base of what goods are OK to purchase,
and what are real rubbish.

I recently got some 240V to 5VDC USB power supplies, similar to the type that
powers up iPADs etc. I dropped one on a
tiled floor, and it smashed in two. Yet I have others that appear to be a lot
better build quality at a similar price,
that is, about $1.50 inc postage. Mind you, I doubt if any would ever pass local
regulations.

But with Chinese cheap imports, the average joe blow doesn't know or care about
local regs., just interested in the
landed price.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

$30 for an Olinuxino Linux PC:
Re: element14 order status - is 'complete' the same as shipped?
http://dx.com/p/12w-7000k-800-lumen-white-led-emitter-metal-strip-12-14v-80512?rt=1&p=0&m=0&r=3&k=1&t=1&s80%310&u80%512

FWIW, I've just ordered a batch of these;
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/s/711794406.html

For less than the cost of two of the DX lights, I'm getting a 10-pack of 12W
Cree units. At 12W each they're certainly a bit of overkill, but using two
of these to light a room as opposed to the existing six narrow-beam halogen
lights (30%0W) there'll be a bit of a saving at the end of the month.

I'm sticking with the traditional solid-state downlight "transformers;" I
can handle nasty surprises on my workbench, but I don't want anything
unexpectedly smouldering inside the ceiling.

--
Bob Milutinovic
Cognicom

Re: element14 order status - is 'complete' the same as shipped?

I bought 6 of their 10 watt LED globes replacing 15 watt CFLs. The
difference was literally night and day, 800 lumen as against 600 for the
CFLs. They are at the warm end of the spectrum though and they do run
quite hot - 70c on the neck according to my non-contact thermometer and
the touch test bears that out.

Re: element14 order status - is 'complete' the same as shipped?

**Yep. They do run warm. They appear to be quite well made though. You
were lucky to get so many. At my local Aldi it was bedlam around the LED
lamps.

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: element14 order status - is 'complete' the same as shipped?
I was surprised, I bought 3 on Saturday, went back for more on Sunday
and was surprised to find 3 more. It may have been because I was after
ES rather than bayonet fitting.

Re: element14 order status - is 'complete' the same as shipped?

70C yikes! you could cook an egg off that!

I thought these things were efficent at converting electricity into light
rather than heat.
With these heat sinks on the lamps, it seems there is a lot of wasted heat
energy in creating the light.

Re: element14 order status - is 'complete' the same as shipped?
Its not the LEDs but the electronics that drive them. That will probably
be the failure mode. The LEDs themselves run quite cool.

However 800 lumen from 10 watts is quite efficient.

Re: element14 order status - is 'complete' the same as shipped?

**They are efficient. A tungsten lamp runs at around 3,000C. You can
vapourise eggs on that. A tungsten lamp delivers around 10 ~ 15
Lumens/Watt. A halogen lamp can usually manage around 25 Lumens/Watt.
The Aldi lamp, at 80 Lumens/Watt is respectably efficient.

**Not really. No light source is 100% efficient. LEDs are pretty good
though.

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: element14 order status - is 'complete' the same as shipped?

When you put it that way the heat losses are not so great in comparison.

The mind boggles at the untold amount of energy wasted in heat over the
decades in using tungsten globes.

Re: element14 order status - is 'complete' the same as shipped?

**Not so much. Refrigeration, heating, cooling, pool filters and
internal combustion engines waste huge amounts of energy as heat (don't
forget: a pool filter runs upwards of 8 hours a day, consuming around
1,000 Watts, fridges, around 350 Watts @ 12 hours/day). In the big
scheme of things, incandescent lamps are not great, but they pale into
insignificance beside a couple of Toyota Landcruisers/BMW X5/et al.

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: element14 order status - is 'complete' the same as shipped?
not wasted in winter they reduce the heating costs  from heater air con etc.

Re: element14 order status - is 'complete' the same as shipped?

I didn't receive any further emails or goods.
My 'orders page now has a date/time stamp link which displays a line item page
with a single line that  says the 'ship date' was the 23rd May.

I tried to use their "Live tech support" messaging system which isn't live, but
is simply an email interface to liveperson.net which appears to be some kind of
marketing company which required me to enter my customer details even though I
was already logged into the Element14 web site.

Mike

Site Timeline