element14 order status - is 'complete' the same as shipped?

I trying to understand the 'my orders' page. It says my order status is 'Complete'. Further down the page it defines Complete as Fulfilled (whatever that means). I don't see anything about shipping or a tracking number.

Ideas anyone?

Mike

Reply to
MikenB

You will get another email when it ships. Last time I ordered there, I think I had to wait 3 weeks for the shipping message. Possibly because it wasn't in Australia.

A lot of companies do this these days. My last Dealexteme order, I waited 3 weeks then cancelled.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

$30 for an Olinuxino Linux PC:
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

**Geez, you're impatient. Dealextreme have some nice things, but they are VERY slow.
--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au
Reply to

slow.

I'll rephrase that answer Trevor.

Dealexteme have an AU shipping option, meaning the item is in Australia and is delivered by toll courier in 5 to 7 days after placing your order. see:

The item also costs more than shipping from China, so I elected to pay more and have it shipped locally, as it was advertised as being in stock, and should arrive in a week.

Then after 3 weeks I cancelled. I wanted the item for a trip that I was taking 4 weeks after I ordered. Was I really impatient?

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

$30 for an Olinuxino Linux PC:
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

**Clearly not. Sorry, I just assumed you ordered from China.

A point about buying stuff from wherever though. I noted that DX had some 8 Watt, LED, 240VAC lamps for $13.00. I was strolling through Aldi the other day and noted some 8 Watt, LED, BC lamps for $11.00. I picked one up to see what it was like. In a word - brilliant. I have a Philips

11 Watt CFL installed in a table lamp. I replaced it with the Aldi LED lamp and noted an instant improvement in light output. I'll do the measurements to confirm later, but will keep an eye peeled for more of the Aldi versions.

OTOH: These things from DX are amazing:

Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au
Reply to
Trevor Wilson

Watt, LED, 240VAC lamps for $13.00. I was

$11.00. I picked one up to see what it was

lamp. I replaced it with the Aldi LED

measurements to confirm later, but will keep an eye

No wukkers Trevor. I gave you the abbreviated version. Yes, there are some great products and some rubbish. You need to buy and try.

From my good friend Mick: I have these in the Kitchen

They are every bit as bright as the 50w halogens and a lot better... The light is WHITE Not yellow and are wide spread not narrow beam like Halogen. Best thing I did.... I replaced 6 x 50W halogen (300w) with 6 x 3.8W (23w) LED and much better result... To power them I used a 12V 5A power supply ...Cant find it on DX at moment but standard 12V 5a laptop type plug pack thingo...

Chinese can turn out some great stuff, and some real rubbish. Almost needs a data base of what goods are OK to purchase, and what are real rubbish.

I recently got some 240V to 5VDC USB power supplies, similar to the type that powers up iPADs etc. I dropped one on a tiled floor, and it smashed in two. Yet I have others that appear to be a lot better build quality at a similar price, that is, about $1.50 inc postage. Mind you, I doubt if any would ever pass local regulations.

But with Chinese cheap imports, the average joe blow doesn't know or care about local regs., just interested in the landed price.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

$30 for an Olinuxino Linux PC:
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

FWIW, I've just ordered a batch of these;

For less than the cost of two of the DX lights, I'm getting a 10-pack of 12W Cree units. At 12W each they're certainly a bit of overkill, but using two of these to light a room as opposed to the existing six narrow-beam halogen lights (=300W) there'll be a bit of a saving at the end of the month.

I'm sticking with the traditional solid-state downlight "transformers;" I can handle nasty surprises on my workbench, but I don't want anything unexpectedly smouldering inside the ceiling.

--
Bob Milutinovic
Cognicom

I bought 6 of their 10 watt LED globes replacing 15 watt CFLs. The difference was literally night and day, 800 lumen as against 600 for the CFLs. They are at the warm end of the spectrum though and they do run quite hot - 70c on the neck according to my non-contact thermometer and the touch test bears that out.

Reply to
keithr

**Yep. They do run warm. They appear to be quite well made though. You were lucky to get so many. At my local Aldi it was bedlam around the LED lamps.
--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au
Reply to
Trevor Wilson

70C yikes! you could cook an egg off that!

I thought these things were efficent at converting electricity into light rather than heat. With these heat sinks on the lamps, it seems there is a lot of wasted heat energy in creating the light.

Reply to
Vote 99% Greens

Its not the LEDs but the electronics that drive them. That will probably be the failure mode. The LEDs themselves run quite cool.

However 800 lumen from 10 watts is quite efficient.

Reply to
keithr

I was surprised, I bought 3 on Saturday, went back for more on Sunday and was surprised to find 3 more. It may have been because I was after ES rather than bayonet fitting.

Reply to
keithr

**They are efficient. A tungsten lamp runs at around 3,000C. You can vapourise eggs on that. A tungsten lamp delivers around 10 ~ 15 Lumens/Watt. A halogen lamp can usually manage around 25 Lumens/Watt. The Aldi lamp, at 80 Lumens/Watt is respectably efficient.
**Not really. No light source is 100% efficient. LEDs are pretty good though.
--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au
Reply to
Trevor Wilson

When you put it that way the heat losses are not so great in comparison.

The mind boggles at the untold amount of energy wasted in heat over the decades in using tungsten globes.

Reply to
Vote 99% Greens

**Not so much. Refrigeration, heating, cooling, pool filters and internal combustion engines waste huge amounts of energy as heat (don't forget: a pool filter runs upwards of 8 hours a day, consuming around 1,000 Watts, fridges, around 350 Watts @ 12 hours/day). In the big scheme of things, incandescent lamps are not great, but they pale into insignificance beside a couple of Toyota Landcruisers/BMW X5/et al.
--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au
Reply to
Trevor Wilson

not wasted in winter they reduce the heating costs from heater air con etc.

Reply to
F Murtz

I didn't receive any further emails or goods. My 'orders page now has a date/time stamp link which displays a line item page with a single line that says the 'ship date' was the 23rd May.

I tried to use their "Live tech support" messaging system which isn't live, but is simply an email interface to liveperson.net which appears to be some kind of marketing company which required me to enter my customer details even though I was already logged into the Element14 web site.

Mike

Reply to
Mike B