Electronics swap-fest gone mad...

The ultimate electronics parts market?
http://www.bunniestudios.com/blog/?p14%7

Dave.
Re: Electronics swap-fest gone mad...

Thats just the way I felt wandering around Akihabara for the first time
back in 1980 and realising just how much profit Dick Smith was making.

Re: Electronics swap-fest gone mad...

Every time we went to Akihabara for the day (ca. 1970), we always wound
up in Shinjuku. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

Re: Electronics swap-fest gone mad...

Tokyu Hands is my favorite store in Tokyo. Originally in Shibuya (sp?)
but there's a location in Shinjuku.

Roppongi is cool too.

Re: Electronics swap-fest gone mad...

Roppongi is for foreigners, I'd rather be in the back lanes of Shibuya,
or Shimbashi, but you do need a Japanese companion as a guide. Whiling
away a few hours in a Shimbashi yakatori bar can be pleasant.

Re: Electronics swap-fest gone mad...

Yep, saturday morning was for wandering around Akihabara, usually ending
up at the Joy Plaza which was not what it sounds like but a rajikon
(radio controlled model) shop. Then later on the Chuo line to Shinjuku
for a visit to the Yodobashi and Doi camera shops, maybe ending up at
Toku Hands in Shibuya.

Re: Electronics swap-fest gone mad...

"Atmel, Intel, Broadcom, Samsung, Yamaha, Sony, AMD, Fujitsu,..."

How would you know they are legit, not cheap pirates, prior to
purchase?

Michael

Re: Electronics swap-fest gone mad...

You would investigate.

Good Luck!
Rich

Re: Electronics swap-fest gone mad...

Ah, so you would take a risk and buy two, test them, and if they pass,
return, and assume they have the exact same devices for sale later
when you want to buy 10,000 of them?

It just seems really risky (to me) to trust them for mass quantities
of Atmel & Intel uPs, Toshiba transistors, etc.

Ah well.

Michael

Re: Electronics swap-fest gone mad...

market?http://www.bunniestudios.com/blog/?p14%7

Typical googlie.

"Investigate" doesn't mean "Jump in with both feet without even looking".
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/investigate

Ask around. Check their websites. ask the vendors themselves, for heavens'
sakes!

Good Luck!
Rich

Site Timeline