Electronics swap-fest gone mad...

The ultimate electronics parts market?

Dave.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
David L. Jones

Thats just the way I felt wandering around Akihabara for the first time back in 1980 and realising just how much profit Dick Smith was making.

Reply to
keithr

Every time we went to Akihabara for the day (ca. 1970), we always wound up in Shinjuku. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Tokyu Hands is my favorite store in Tokyo. Originally in Shibuya (sp?) but there's a location in Shinjuku.

Roppongi is cool too.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

p=3D147

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

rnatezone.com/eevblog/

"Atmel, Intel, Broadcom, Samsung, Yamaha, Sony, AMD, Fujitsu,..."

How would you know they are legit, not cheap pirates, prior to purchase?

Michael

Reply to
Michael

You would investigate.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Yep, saturday morning was for wandering around Akihabara, usually ending up at the Joy Plaza which was not what it sounds like but a rajikon (radio controlled model) shop. Then later on the Chuo line to Shinjuku for a visit to the Yodobashi and Doi camera shops, maybe ending up at Toku Hands in Shibuya.

Reply to
keithr

g/?p=3D147

Ah, so you would take a risk and buy two, test them, and if they pass, return, and assume they have the exact same devices for sale later when you want to buy 10,000 of them?

It just seems really risky (to me) to trust them for mass quantities of Atmel & Intel uPs, Toshiba transistors, etc.

Ah well.

Michael

Reply to
Michael

Roppongi is for foreigners, I'd rather be in the back lanes of Shibuya, or Shimbashi, but you do need a Japanese companion as a guide. Whiling away a few hours in a Shimbashi yakatori bar can be pleasant.

Reply to
keithr

market?

Typical googlie.

"Investigate" doesn't mean "Jump in with both feet without even looking".

Ask around. Check their websites. ask the vendors themselves, for heavens' sakes!

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise