Electronics hobby magazines.

What magazines are on sale in Aus?

TIA.

Re: Electronics hobby magazines.

On the book stands, newsagents, only one.

Page Title:
Silicon Chip Electronics Magazine for Hobby Electronics, Computing, Kits
and Projects. http://www.siliconchip.com.au /

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Electronics hobby magazines.

I love Circuit Cellar. (www.circuitcellar.com).

Rudolf

Re: Electronics hobby magazines.

??? I'm pretty sure I have seen Elektor, and perhaps also EPE in some
newsagents.

I'm assuming he's asking about electronics magazines and not just
magazines in general!

Andy Wood
snipped-for-privacy@trap.ozemail.com.au

Re: Electronics hobby magazines.

snipped-for-privacy@trap.ozemail.com.au (Andy Wood) wrote:

. . .

I'm also assuming I didn't read the title the first time round.

Andy Wood
snipped-for-privacy@trap.ozemail.com.au

Re: Electronics hobby magazines.

I assumed he meant OZ mags. :-)

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Electronics hobby magazines.

We're down to about 2 (Elektor & EPE) in the UK, not counting PW which is
almost exclusively for radio hams.

It would have been worth looking into whether my newsagents wholesaler could
get any Aus titles, but EPE usually has at least 1 Siliconchip article
reproduced by arrangement with each month, so I'd feel that I was paying
twice for at least part of what I was getting.

Re: Electronics hobby magazines.

It is a shame Silicon Chip doesn't do a monthly PDF like Circuit Cellar
Inc. ($19USD per annum) Even if it was just for Overseas orders.

I again mentioned this to the advertising manager a few days ago.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Electronics hobby magazines.

I thought the "online edition" of Silicon Chip was a downloadable PDF?
Does anyone actually get it?
It's still nowhere near cheap enough though.

I love the electronic edition of Circuit Cellar. It's cheap and it
works a treat.

Dave.

Re: Electronics hobby magazines.

I forgot to mention,
Yes, Silicon Chip at a price that overseas readers will buy it, $19USD,
like CC Inc.

I have the printed edition of CC Inc from edition 4, (Byte before that),
and now get just the pdf, great isn't it? You get it when it is
published, and not 10 weeks later.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Electronics hobby magazines.

Yeah, I love it. I get an email telling me the new edition is ready,
and I simply download the PDF in a ZIP. Separate PDF's are also
available for each main article for those who don't want to download
the whole thing. And the filename has the authors name in it, so if
you like a particular author you can just download their article.
Don't even need to log in either as the browser keeps my details. I
can even download the previous 2 issues just in case I missed one.

It's all done so superbly, it is a textbook model on how to do it
right.

Dave.

Re: Electronics hobby magazines.

I got my email notification at 15:00 today, downloaded 14Mb zip, which
becomes 16Mb pdf.

Just finished browsing through it. At $1.58USD an issue, it is excellent
value. :-)

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Electronics hobby magazines.

I must be a luddite - I have all 200+ actual magazines on my bookshelf...

Peter

Re: Electronics hobby magazines.

I have about 350 issues of Elektor alone. What does that make me?

OK, they are not all on a bookshelf.

Andy Wood
snipped-for-privacy@trap.ozemail.com.au

Re: Electronics hobby magazines.

My magazine collection spans 2 bookshelves, I haven't even bothered to try
counting them. It would be great if they were on CD or DVD, but CD back
issues are expensive and some of the mags have ceased publication, sometimes
I scan in articles that I go back to and use.

Apart from the above, there are certain times of the day I prefer to get
away from the PC and read from real paper.

Site Timeline