Electronics hobby magazines.

What magazines are on sale in Aus?

TIA.

Reply to
ian field

On the book stands, newsagents, only one.

Page Title: Silicon Chip Electronics Magazine for Hobby Electronics, Computing, Kits and Projects.

Don...

-- Don McKenzie

Site Map:

E-Mail Contact Page:
No More Damn Spam:

USB Flash Drive interface for existing products.

Don McKenzie

I love Circuit Cellar.

Rudolf

Reply to
Rudolf

??? I'm pretty sure I have seen Elektor, and perhaps also EPE in some newsagents.

I'm assuming he's asking about electronics magazines and not just magazines in general!

Andy Wood snipped-for-privacy@trap.ozemail.com.au

Reply to
Andy Wood

. . .

I'm also assuming I didn't read the title the first time round.

Andy Wood snipped-for-privacy@trap.ozemail.com.au

Reply to
Andy Wood

I assumed he meant OZ mags. :-)

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.wizard-of-oz.com

USB Flash Drive interface for existing products.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16654
Reply to
Don McKenzie

We're down to about 2 (Elektor & EPE) in the UK, not counting PW which is almost exclusively for radio hams.

It would have been worth looking into whether my newsagents wholesaler could get any Aus titles, but EPE usually has at least 1 Siliconchip article reproduced by arrangement with each month, so I'd feel that I was paying twice for at least part of what I was getting.

Reply to
ian field

It is a shame Silicon Chip doesn't do a monthly PDF like Circuit Cellar Inc. ($19USD per annum) Even if it was just for Overseas orders.

I again mentioned this to the advertising manager a few days ago.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.wizard-of-oz.com

USB Flash Drive interface for existing products.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16654
Reply to
Don McKenzie

I thought the "online edition" of Silicon Chip was a downloadable PDF? Does anyone actually get it? It's still nowhere near cheap enough though.

I love the electronic edition of Circuit Cellar. It's cheap and it works a treat.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

I forgot to mention, Yes, Silicon Chip at a price that overseas readers will buy it, $19USD, like CC Inc.

I have the printed edition of CC Inc from edition 4, (Byte before that), and now get just the pdf, great isn't it? You get it when it is published, and not 10 weeks later.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.wizard-of-oz.com

USB Flash Drive interface for existing products.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16654
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Yeah, I love it. I get an email telling me the new edition is ready, and I simply download the PDF in a ZIP. Separate PDF's are also available for each main article for those who don't want to download the whole thing. And the filename has the authors name in it, so if you like a particular author you can just download their article. Don't even need to log in either as the browser keeps my details. I can even download the previous 2 issues just in case I missed one.

It's all done so superbly, it is a textbook model on how to do it right.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

I got my email notification at 15:00 today, downloaded 14Mb zip, which becomes 16Mb pdf.

Just finished browsing through it. At $1.58USD an issue, it is excellent value. :-)

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.wizard-of-oz.com

USB Flash Drive interface for existing products.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16654
Reply to
Don McKenzie

I must be a luddite - I have all 200+ actual magazines on my bookshelf...

Peter

Reply to
Pete

I have about 350 issues of Elektor alone. What does that make me?

OK, they are not all on a bookshelf.

Andy Wood snipped-for-privacy@trap.ozemail.com.au

Reply to
Andy Wood

My magazine collection spans 2 bookshelves, I haven't even bothered to try counting them. It would be great if they were on CD or DVD, but CD back issues are expensive and some of the mags have ceased publication, sometimes I scan in articles that I go back to and use.

Apart from the above, there are certain times of the day I prefer to get away from the PC and read from real paper.

Reply to
ian field