Electronics Engineering Video Blog - Page 2

Re: Electronics Engineering Video Blog

Good stuff David, you came across pretty well.
I didn't notice much 'yanki' accent but I was a 'bit' annoyed by the up-tone
of your voice at the end of much of what you said.(there's ya neg.
feedback!)

This could well be the start of something really good, with regards to
electronics here in Oz.

You could include special input from people like Mr Parker or Allison etc.
(bow tie and all ha ha)

APET you could call it, an Australian Perspective on Electronics Today...
everone loves a pet.

Mark Kelepouris

Re: Electronics Engineering Video Blog

Don't know how Phil is hearing a Yanky accent... Maybe I have been watching
too much American TV?

I don't want it be Australian specific in any way, so will probably try and
avoid Australian references were possible. But ultimately, with the accent
and the occasional reference, it will have an unavoidable Aussie flavour.
That will either scare off or intrigue the Yanks :->

Dave.

Re: Electronics Engineering Video Blog
David L. Jones wrote:it will have an unavoidable Aussie flavour.

Pull up a billabong and whack the diddly-o down cobber!!

   Have you seen those cheap $15 webcams at the import shops?
it may be worth grabbing a couple for the "Studio"

Re: Electronics Engineering Video Blog

I'm using an "ancient" 2 y/o webcam.
Just discovered that that frame rate appears to vary with the image
brightness!
When I useed it the other day to shoot it was working fine at 30fps, but I
was playing with it this morning and it was only 10fps. Point it toward a
bright light source like the window and it climbs up to near 30fps again. A
linear type increase with brightness. Weird.
Just realised too that my digital camera has a 640x480 30fps video mode and
can also be used as webcam. The webcam mode only seems to work at around
10fps (no brightnes issue), but the standalone video mode works great. Only
limitation is the internal mic is a bit noisy and is only sampled at 8 bits.
So unless I upgrade my gear, the choice at the moment is either higher res
and clearer video with so-so audio, or 320x240 webcam quality with good
audio...

Perhaps a new $15 webcam is in order!

Dave.

Re: Electronics Engineering Video Blog

   Not that weird, it obviously slows down to gather enough photons for
the exposure, you could try fitting a larger diameter lens than the tiny
one it usually has, or even try a telescope eyepiece to obtain the extra
photon gathering power needed. Frame rate and image noise should improve
accordingly.

   So when does the watch calculator kit hit the market?. I want to add
an IR LED so it can be programmed with the 400 odd TV remote turn off
and turn on codes like that guy's invention.

Cheers,
Mark

Re: Electronics Engineering Video Blog

I'm been selling them for over a year now! The 4th batch of kits has been
and gone. Although I do have a few more I'm going to release for sale again
soon, but that will be it I think as the project no longer holds as much
interest for me as it once did.

Dave.

Re: Electronics Engineering Video Blog

I think most of it would have worked well as a podcast, with no video at all.

Re: Electronics Engineering Video Blog

Great work, keep it going! Even as a clueless student, I found it very
interesting..

Regards,

Ross..

Re: Electronics Engineering Video Blog

Nice job!

Ed

Re: Electronics Engineering Video Blog

Dave,  I liked your video,  Do do another!

George Herold

Re: Electronics Engineering Video Blog

Thanks.
Another one is up:
http://www.alternatezone.com/eevblog /
But you would have already known that if you subscribed to my RSS feed or
YouTube account :-)

Dave.

Re: Electronics Engineering Video Blog

Thanks.
Another one is up:
http://www.alternatezone.com/eevblog /
But you would have already known that if you subscribed to my RSS feed or
YouTube account :-)

Dave.

Re: Electronics Engineering Video Blog

Hi Dave,

Like your video blogs.  Nice work.  No doubt you'll get better at it as time
goes on.
Particularly interested in your high speed data book review.  I must check
it out.

When is Phil doing a guest spot?  I bet thousands out there can't wait to
see that one. :-)

Cheers,
Alan

Re: Electronics Engineering Video Blog

Things might also improve if I decide to actually get a script to work from,
or do more than one take, or lean to act, or... ! :->

I'm sure it would rate highly!
How about it Phil?

Dave.

Site Timeline