Electronics Engineering Pay?

I have been working with huge companies (30,000+ employees) and in most cases my tech's are on the same or in some cases are on significantly higher wages. I guess there are to many people who can design circuits these days and not enough who can put them together? And hardly no jobs for electronics engineers, heaps for electrical but no work in Australia for electronic. Two people I graduated with years ago are now techs working for a graduate engineer, because they get more pay that way. Sad days for electronics engineering in Australia. Soon we will probably develop no circuit boards at all in Australia.

Reply to
MisterE

Depends entirely on the company, the market, the speciality of the work you are doing, the project you are hired under, and just plain luck and persistence. If you accept low pay then that's your fault, not necessarily a problem with the industry. Are you comparing base salary only? I know techs that earn a lot more than what I get, but they work twice the hours I do, graveyard shifts etc.

I know electronics design engineers that get paid anywhere from

Reply to
David L. Jones

these

for

I find that hard to believe, in Australia most techs as well as engineers moved to computer jobs because there were no jobs to be had at anything above minimum wage. But yes, qualified electricians now earn far more than any qualified EE or Technician, in my experience. That's where the demand is unfortunately.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T