Electric transportation

The only thing wrong is they seem to be illegal to use on the roads

Reply to
F Murtz

They come under the same rules as bicycles. You can ride a bicycle on the road.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Having to pay an extra $400 to get a full years warranty!

I wouldn't think this speaks well of their reliability.

JERD

Reply to
JERD

F Murtz

Nope, they dont. They are definitely not a bicycle and people in NSW are being pinged for riding them.

Reply to
terryc

Ah, looks like they are specifically catching these ones now. They must have changed this as people used to get away with it because the motor was under 200W. Look at all the other stuff banned now too. Doesn't stop people with motorised scooters, I see plenty of them around.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

I was going to make the same comment... 40% extra cost for 9mths extra warranty speaks volumes... I can only guess that somewhere between 3 and 6 mths this scooter would break down with a major fault..

Mik

Reply to
Mik DaDik

It really comes down to the motivation and knowledge of Constable Plod as many a bicycle rider has had the experience of explaining to plod that the bicycle laws are such.

Reply to
terryc