Electric skateboards-what will they think of next?

Specs
  a.. Motor power - 2000W
  b.. Top speed - around 20mph
  c.. Range - 6 miles
  d.. Maximum grade - 15%
  e.. Charge time - 2 hours
  f.. Battery - Lithium ion
  g.. Weight - between 12 and 15 pounds
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/170315130/boosted-boards-the-worlds-lightest-electric-vehicl

It would have been better if the LIon were smart enough to recharge
downlill.

Re: Electric skateboards-what will they think of next?
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/170315130/boosted-boards-the-worlds-lightest-electric-vehicl

here is one that has been around for a while, and many may not be aware:

Powerboards - Motorized Powered Surfboards - Electric !!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v2B%bE0rR4ADQ

Mind you, I saw this on TV a few nights ago.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

$30 for an Olinuxino Linux PC:
Re: Electric skateboards-what will they think of next?
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/170315130/boosted-boards-the-worlds-lightest-electric-vehicl
Dick smith had petrol powered pogo sticks,did not seem to take on.

Re: Electric skateboards-what will they think of next?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/170315130/boosted-boards-the-worlds-lightest-electric-vehicl
I suspect this fad is going to die in the arse too.

Re: Electric skateboards-what will they think of next?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/170315130/boosted-boards-the-worlds-lightest-electric-vehicl

Its already on TV, I must be behind the times?

Re: Electric skateboards-what will they think of next?
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/170315130/boosted-boards-the-worlds-lightest-electric-vehicl

That would inevitably slow the skateboard down, which defeats the
purpose of the design, which is clearly to obtain maximum lethality for
the owner.

Sylvia.

Re: Electric skateboards-what will they think of next?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/170315130/boosted-boards-the-worlds-lightest-electric-vehicl
I suppose with enough electronics it could engage a charging mechanism when
stopping, or cruising.

Otherwise if it runs out of charge after 2 hours its not much of an Electric
skateboards.

Re: Electric skateboards-what will they think of next?

So why don't we have hoverboards?  Surely a device with only vertical force
would be really unstable - just what thrillseekers want.

Re: Electric skateboards-what will they think of next?

Cost. Even thrill seekers don't want to spend more than they have to to
kill themselves.

Sylvia.

Re: Electric skateboards-what will they think of next?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/170315130/boosted-boards-the-worlds-lightest-electric-vehicl
Someone should look up the legalities of this.  My understanding is that
a max power of 250 watts is allowed, otherwise its considered a vehicle,
subject to all the road rules and roadworthiness conditions, and must be
registered.

But on the other hand if the claimed power is only peak power ( very
likely IMHO ), then branding the motor as 249 watts probably fixes the
problem.

Neat gadget.

Re: Electric skateboards-what will they think of next?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/170315130/boosted-boards-the-worlds-lightest-electric-vehicl
Mind you, there is already this:

http://evolveskateboards.com.au/

Re: Electric skateboards-what will they think of next?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/170315130/boosted-boards-the-worlds-lightest-electric-vehicl

This fad seems to be about re-inventing how to extract ~$1000 for a
skateboard.

Re: Electric skateboards-what will they think of next?
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/170315130/boosted-boards-the-worlds-lightest-electric-vehicl
200 watts, unless they have changed it.
different states have their own rules.
Queensland does not allow petrol motors.
NSW does allow petrol 200watts or less.

Re: Electric skateboards-what will they think of next?
 > 200 watts, unless they have changed it. different states have their
 > own rules. Queensland does not allow petrol motors. NSW does allow
 > petrol 200watts or less.

But only on bicycles. Powered boards, kick-scooters, and everything else
is illegal.

--
Chris

Site Timeline