electric jug standby power

Was talking to a colleague today, and they had just purchased a new "cheapie" electric jug from a discount store to use at work in their staff room.

When they went to use it found that it had these pretty blue led lights around the base that flashed and rotated or something while the jug was in use.

Noticed that when not in use got warm around the base a long time after being used, and was found to draw about 6w from the mains when not in use based on current measurement with a fluke 87 meter.

I wonder how well this device would pass these "environment" standards for standby power. Not that I would expect that anyone would care less in the manufacturing and supply chain.

Reply to
kreed