Earbud controler......

Hi. I have asked around and looked around without any luck to find a device
that you can plug a set of earbuds with a 3.5mm stereo plug into that can
control the output volume of both left and right channels independently from
the stereo output of a radio, ebook etc. Many radios etc these days come
with a stereo socket but only one volume control for both channels. Some
stations broadcast with the volume uneven and it's quite annoying. Any help
would be grateful.

TIA

Re: Earbud controler......

Would also be handy for noise cancelling headphones on aircraft.

I have a set and the minimum volume on the aircraft is still too loud in the
headset.

JD

Re: Earbud controler......

Can use a single pot wired for balance control instead of fiddling with
two adjustments, one for each ear.

Connect the signal to either side of a 20K lin pot via a 1K resistor and
the gnd wire to the centre. Insertion loss is a few dB but you probably
have plenty of gain to start with.

Re: Earbud controler......

I have thought of something similar. But it would be nice not to have a home
made 'look' about it. A compact device not unlike a Nokia in line switch/mic
look.

Thanks for your thoughts .................

Re: Earbud controler......

buy two "earphones with volume control". throw out half of each.
except keep both controls one for left one for right.

--
⚂⚃ 100% natural

---

Re: Earbud controler......

Not what you are asking for but a solution may be go old school and select
mono.
--
:-P

Site Timeline