Earbud controler......

Hi. I have asked around and looked around without any luck to find a device that you can plug a set of earbuds with a 3.5mm stereo plug into that can control the output volume of both left and right channels independently from the stereo output of a radio, ebook etc. Many radios etc these days come with a stereo socket but only one volume control for both channels. Some stations broadcast with the volume uneven and it's quite annoying. Any help would be grateful.

TIA

Reply to
Metro

Would also be handy for noise cancelling headphones on aircraft.

I have a set and the minimum volume on the aircraft is still too loud in the headset.

JD

Reply to
JERD

Can use a single pot wired for balance control instead of fiddling with two adjustments, one for each ear.

Connect the signal to either side of a 20K lin pot via a 1K resistor and the gnd wire to the centre. Insertion loss is a few dB but you probably have plenty of gain to start with.

Reply to
swanny

I have thought of something similar. But it would be nice not to have a home made 'look' about it. A compact device not unlike a Nokia in line switch/mic look.

Thanks for your thoughts .................

Reply to
Metro

Not what you are asking for but a solution may be go old school and select mono.

--
:-P
Reply to

buy two "earphones with volume control". throw out half of each. except keep both controls one for left one for right.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts