Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary
- Posted on
- Eagle, Gerbers and FastTrack
- Al Borowski
August 5, 2007, 1:35 pm
rate this thread
I'm trying to decide if I should buy Eagle or not. The program itself
seems pretty decent, but I'm having trouble getting the resulting PCB
made. My usual manufacturer is Fastrack. When I sent them my Gerbers I
was told they weren't any good - the tracks looked OK but the holes
were spread out to an area about 50x the size of the circuit board.
"We use your excellon drill file to determine what size holes to drill
and where. Plated and Non Plated holes should be included in one drill
file, with plated and non-plated holes having different tool numbers.
Format required: Excellon Format, ASCII Odd / None, 2.4 Trailling Zero
Suppression, English Units, No step and repeats. "
It turns out that Eagle produced drill files with Leading zero
suppression and is unable to use Trailing zero suppression. But I was
later told this was a typo and Fastrack wants Leading zero suppression
So has anyone had any luck getting eagle or gerber files fabbed by
Fastrack? I've always used Protel and never had to muck around with
- » LOL OTT The 15 Most Hilarious, Absurd And Brutal Rate My Teacher Comments Ever!
- — Newest thread in » Electronics Down Under
- » Hate crimes against Moselms are up 1173% in 2016
- — Last Updated thread in » Electronics Down Under
- » Best place for a hobbiest to buy small amounts of parts?
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » Electronics Design