DVI-I/DVI-A video connector question

I'm interested in the analog signal this connector will accept. I am
wondering if a TV with this connection type will accept an analog RGB signal
from some older equipment, namely arcade video signals, which run at 15Hz.

Does anyone have any idea?

Re: DVI-I/DVI-A video connector question

DVI includes all the signals present in VGA If the games do separate sync
(not sync on green) then there's a good chance that it could work.

Re: DVI-I/DVI-A video connector question

I'd be astounded if arcade video ran at 15Hz - I think you've gotten
your research wrong there. I believe that arcade games actually run RGB
at either NTSC or PAL frequencies.

<Googles>

Ah. You mean 15KHz, *not* 15Hz. It turns out that arcade games run at
NTSC frequencies.

So the answer to your question is a qualified "yes" because you'll need
to modify the video levels from your arcade game (up to 5V) down to the
1V or so needed by a TV.

Some information:
<http://members.optusnet.com.au/eviltim/vga2arc/vga2arc.htm
<http://homepage.ntlworld.com/andrew.lewis5/arcade/video.htm
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface

  . | ,. w ,   "Some people are alive only because
Re: DVI-I/DVI-A video connector question

oops... typo there.

hmmmm... interesting, thanks.

Site Timeline