dvd ripping

Which dvd ripping software does anyone use, and how good is it?

Re: dvd ripping

www.rageaudio.com.au

**DVD Fab is excellent.

Caution: Do not use this software for ripping copyright DVDs, as this would
be illegal. It works very well with non-copyright disks. I have no idea if
it works with copyright disks, as to do so would be illegal.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: dvd ripping

 So load DVD 43,  and that takes care of the encryption, then  it's a simply
matter of using  "Shrink" or  "Nero"

As for being illegal to copy a DVD,  Why then do they allow blanks to be
sold, openly. And recorders, copiers are also readily available,  Which
indecently have been cleared by Customs,  at the point of importation.

Simplified, what your attempting to say is, it's perfectly legal to buy a
new Bluray recorder, and a supply of blank disc's, but your  infringing  the
copyright laws if  you use the bloody thing.

And that's the difference between the normal user and the coping factory
with a couple of hundred   disc writers, and a  screen printer, churning out
thousands of copies of whatever movie you want and sold at a big discount,
down the local pub, or on a market.

I ordered some DVD's the other week  via  Australian E-bay,  the sellers
address  was  somewhere in the UK, and the DVD's arrived  via Minske,
Belarus.  They arrived here quite legally with a Customs clearance, [green
sticker]  and where  quite obversely  boot-leg copies.  But no one seems to
care,  So  why should anyone worry about people making there own copies.

                   bassett

Re: dvd ripping

**I don't know DVD 43. I do know Shrink. DVD Fab can copy disks that fail to
copy with DVD Shrink.

**Those blanks and recorders are for copying non-copyright material. You
will quickly realise this fact, if you try to copy most copyright material
with such machines. The disks can used in a multitude of machines. The
manufacturers are not responsible for their (mis)use.

**No. You're infingining copyright laws, if you copy copyright material. You
can copy non-copyright material all day long quite legally.

**Sometime, someone will care. You may end up in big trouble. Or not. It
depends on the customs people. I've been dragged down to airport customs.
They wanted me to pay duty. Naturally, the material I was importing
attracted no duty (and they knew damned well that was the case). They were
simply trying to gather extra revenue. I waited while one consulted his
books and off I toddled, without paying a cent. Nevertheless, it was
inconvenient. One day, it will happen to you too. Only it may not end
happily for you. Copyright infringements are viewed seriously.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: dvd ripping
On Jul 27, 4:55 pm, "Trevor Wilson"

It's definitely illegal to copy copyrighted DVD's, CD's, vinyl
Records, films, photos, Tapes, VHS, books, sheet music etc without
permission from the copyright owner, and regardless of your experience
so far with importing bootleg DVD's, you should be aware of this fact.
As Trevor says, you might get away with these imports most of the
time, but don't count on it, and if you start bringing in commercial
quantities, or regular imports you run a higher risk of attracting
attention.  Maybe you need to watch "border security" to see what
people get up to in customs and how they get caught. (of course, we
don't know how many slip through)

You would find that in the real world (probably including customs
staff !) most people do it for their own use, to give to friends, make
a back-up copy etc. I don't think many people in the real world have a
problem with that, considering for a decade illegal downloads of just
about any movie/music/software you can think of seem to be readily
available, and still thriving in spite of all the efforts by the music
industry to stop them. With the economic climate as it is heading, I
would expect illegal copying/sharing to only increase, and for mr. and
mrs. average,  not worthwhile to sue for damages, as getting money
from most people who are in debt to their eyeballs already will more
and more become like extracting blood from a stone if push came to
shove.

Eastern Europe (where you got these discs from) isn't particularly
worried about these sort of things, they have other issues to deal
with.  When last in Moscow, they openly sold copies of almost
everything you can think of for a few $$.  Some were excellent quality
however, and while most on obviously burnt discs, more and more were
starting to appear on genuine looking silver discs.

Burning and selling quantities of the discs at markets or on Ebay /
internet is another matter entirely, would be extremely risky and I
don't think you would evade the law for long. The way this ridiculous
legal system is going, you would probably get a stiffer sentence for a
matter like that than a real crime like bashing someone, or (a real)
robbery.

To get back to the real question asked originally, I dont know what
you would use to copy movie DVD's as so far I haven't had to. I do
recall hearing of people using DVD shrink and AVS video converter for
the purpose however.

Re: dvd ripping

From watching Border Security it seems that if you pretend not to understand
& look confused they simply confiscate and give you a telling off - even if
the contraband was stuffed in some socks and hidden down the bottom of a
side pocket in a bag.

<snipped>

Re: dvd ripping

Frankly I think your both over reacting,  What I was saying was that people
can copy whatever they want regardless of copyrights or encryption
technology used.  By the way your talking I'm importing  container loads of
bootleg DVD's and have a  pirate operation running employing  illegal virgin
girls from god knows where.

Where in fact what I said was I ordered  some DVD's on e-bay, which turned
out to be bootleg copies  from Minske.  and that simply loading a "free"
copy of DVD 43 of the net will allow  any man or his dog to copy  just about
anything.
  Shrink will NOT  eliminate  encryptions, it will simply reduce the size or
condense  a movie track to a point where it will fit on a standard DVD blank
disc.

What I am saying is, recorders, copiers, burners, and the medium for there
use, is openly sold.  And we all know about the people that visit the local
Video-ezy store or the council library, to borrow DVD;'s that they take home
and copy.
As for  bootleg copies, they can be detected quite simply, just look round
the spindle hole on the disc, if there's no info or serial numbers there,
then it's a bootleg copy.

And please don't start the old gag about being careful or I will get a knock
on the door.  I've been round the block far too many times  to take any
notice of that bullshit.
   Or as Paul Hogan  said tonight on 60 minutes,  The tax dept, know where I
am,  come get me.

              bassett

Re: dvd ripping

And another thing, "Shrink" will allow you to change or eliminate that
stupid region code,  that they still insist on using.
                                                                      bassett

Re: dvd ripping
border security is crap , i worked  with them for 7 months , and the  AMOUNT
of stuff customs took home that  werent  " allowed " into australia, and the
amount of illegal stuff customs officers themselves  got thru that no  one
else couldnt  , you got no idea at all. yeah , they show on  tv , " look we
are burning all the illegalstuff" yeah , right  , one load out of 100 , and
that sif that load was  prohibited customs , and not just refuse.

Re: dvd ripping

that doesnt surprise me at all,  the systemic corruption in
governments - while rarely mentioned by the media, is rife across the
entire system.  Those who speak out or complain about it are silenced
rather harshly.

Re: dvd ripping

if driving whilst intoxicated is illegal then why do they allow
importation and manufacture of the requisites?

the thing is dvd copiers and blanks are dual-use products, they do
have legitimate uses.

Ammonium nitrate is also a dual-use product, buth those in power are
suffificently scared by it'd sencondary use to control its distribution.

Bye.
   Jasen

Re: dvd ripping

Lol, stand by for a character check at the supermarket when you want to
buy hydrogen peroxide. it did after all sink the Kurst(sp?) and was used
by the London bombers.

Re: dvd ripping

As
I remember, (Hydrogen) peroxide was also used as rocket fuel.

Re: dvd ripping

**It still is. The space shuttle is partially powered by H2 on take off
(with the assistance of solid fuel rockets). When performing orbital
manoeuvres, H2 (and O2) is used exclusively.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: dvd ripping

Hydrogen peroxide is not used by the shuttle, it uses  hydrogen+oxgen
for the main engine, solid boosters, and IIRC anhydrous hydrazine for
the manouvering jets.

The kursk wasn't the only sub to be sunk by its own hydrogen peroxide
fueled torpedo, there was a brittish one too. (the HMS Sidon 1n 1955)

I don't think consumer grade (15%) peroxide has explosive potential

Bye.
   Jasen

Re: dvd ripping

Doh.  If murder is illegal, why do they allow axes ?

geoff

Re: dvd ripping
hey retard  ,  copying a dvd and driving intoxicated are two differant
things....

your comparing oranges to apples,
spaz

Re: dvd ripping