Dvd recorder running all day ( is this ok )

I have a Dvd recorder with built in HD, but my foxtel digital runs through
it.
My mum watches Foxtel all day long, will my Dvd recorder be damaged by been
left on all day and night ?
Thanks

Re: Dvd recorder running all day ( is this ok )

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 16:26:31 +1000, "James  Thompson"

FWIW, the HD in my Aldi Tevion DVDR is a Samsung SV1604E which is the
higher reliability, consumer electronics version of the SV1604N.
Panasonics use the latter <shrug>. However I notice that the fan is a
sleeve bearing type and the main ICs get very hot to the touch.
Despite this, the unit has no stability issues. Nevertheless I've
added heatsinks to the two hottest chips for peace of mind. The only
problem I've had is that the DVD loader will now start to make
coasters after about the second successive burn (I burned about 50
discs before this started happening). After replacing it with a
standard PC IDE DVD burner all is well.

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Dvd recorder running all day ( is this ok )

if it shuts down the laser when not using the disc unit it shlod be pretty
good. AIUI that's a major wear item

--

Bye.
   Jasen