DVD Recorder

Hi I have a Dvd recorder with a built in HD. The guy set it up so that my Foxtel Digital goes straight to the DVD recorder first then to the TV. So to watch Foxtel you have to have the Dvd recorder on. My question is, my mum watches foxtel all day lomg as well as all night long. Will this damage my dvd recorder or its hard drive to be on for such a long period of time, can it overheat ?

What should I do, is there another way ?

Thanks.

Reply to
James Thompson

If the FOXTEL box has 2 sets of output sockets, you may be able to connect one set to the tv, and the other set to the DVD recorder.

If there are 2 video output sockets, one may be composite and the other S-VHS. If niether the recorder or tv has a S-VHS input, an adaptor can be used to convert the S-VHS ouput to composite.

Two Y lead adaptors can be used to split the audio output sockets to connect to the tv and recorder if there is only one pair of audio output sockets.

Another way is to tune the tv to the R.F. output from the FOXTEL box which I expect it has. If this is done you will not have stereo sound.

Russell Griffiths.

Reply to
rg26ce1991