Dual SIM Mobilr Phone

Hi All,

I am trying to find a mobile phone that can accept 2 x SIM cards that are
both on the network at the same time.  Im guessing this can't be done but
can anyone confirm?  I have seen the dual SIM holders that require the user
to power off/on the phone but this is no good for me.

Regards

AJ

Re: Dual SIM Mobilr Phone

Place one sim into the phone then divert it to the other sim. Then put the
other sim in the phone. This, in effect, gives the same result. Other than
that, I suppose you will have to go live in a country that has what you
want.

Re: Dual SIM Mobilr Phone

user

There was some character selling off dual card holders and he had a list of
which phones took a dual holder

Re: Dual SIM Mobilr Phone

I remember that we told him to bugger off,  someone had a cheaper supplier
too.

Bye.
   Jasen

Re: Dual SIM Mobilr Phone

 ACK that this doesn't answer the OP's question, but this is an
interesting "new desing" nonetheless:

 <http://ucables.com/ref/DUAL-SIM

GB
--
 "Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the
  entrails of the last priest." (Diderot, paraphrasing Meslier)

Re: Dual SIM Mobilr Phone

Finally the keyword popped into my head. Keyword is "Benefon",
a manufacturer that goes the extra mile with things like
dual-sim phones, and phones with GPS built in (gps built in
6-8 years ago).

 Something called the "Benefon Twin" does dual sim.

 See:
 http://www.benefon.com/products/twin /
 http://www.benefon.com/pdf/products/twin+/twin_plus_brochure.pdf

 Note, by reading between the lines get the impression that it's
still only one sim at a time in actual operation. There's a bunch
of technical issues that make having both sims working and subscribed
at once substantially more complex. I'm not going to go into them
here though, they should be pretty obvious.

 Hope this helps,

GB
--
 "Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the
  entrails of the last priest." (Diderot, paraphrasing Meslier)

Re: Dual SIM Mobilr Phone

Not possible.
But get two phones and a tube of superglue and your problems are solved
;-)

Dave :)

Re: Dual SIM Mobilr Phone

 When I was a boy, doing technical support somewhere, we used to
get those big lacky bands that the posties use, and tie our telephones
together that way!

GB
--
 "Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the
  entrails of the last priest." (Diderot, paraphrasing Meslier)

Re: Dual SIM Mobilr Phone

Then get the other tech's phone and press the ear piece against
an ink stamp pad and ring his phone so he had an inky ear.

Re: Dual SIM Mobilr Phone

Thanks all for your replies...