Dual Serial Input for Infrared control?

You just don't get it do you? It's a simple open-collector interface, try to understand that. You'd have been a real riot at the Phillips meetings when they were coming up with I2C.

If you are capable, please present a technical reason that you can't put two of these in parallel:

If all you can do is spew filth, then don't bother.

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

Some silly little terminal f****it child claiming to be Anthony Fremont desperately attempted to bullshit its way out of its predicament and fooled absolutely no one at all, as always.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Anthony Fremont wrote

We have all got the fact that you couldnt bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag, child.

Pathetic, really.

Reply to
Rod Speed

assming the signal line is low in the idle state (like a normal async rs232 connection) a resistor-diode or gate like the below could work.

in1 --+-[1K5]--+----- out | | `-->|----+ | in2 --+-[1K5]--+ | | `-->|----' getting it to actually work depends on the source device having being able to overcome pull-down resistor attached to the other device. if that doesn't work something like this might. +V | in1 |\ 10K -------|-\ | | >----+---|----- | | .--|+/ 10K | | |/| | | | | --+-- | --+-- -V ///// | ///// | in2 |\ | -------|-\ | | >----+---|

Reply to
jasen

A thread a few months ago in abse discussed putting two DTEs in parallel on the same end of a serial line...

emitting a constant voltage on the output pin.

It doesn't need to be hi-z, if the wires are reasonable short converting them both to open-emitter is enough - a diode each can do that,

pulldown can possibly be got from the output of idle unit.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

"Clockmeister"

Honestly, that wasn't the intent.

can

I just don't understand why they can't simply carry on a technical discussion without vomiting a continuous stream of filth. Seems such a simple matter to just present the evidence and let the world court of USENET decide.

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

Anthony Fremont wrote

We know why clones like you are so obsessed about what you claim is 'filth'.

usenet aint anything like a court, f****it.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Absolutely agreed. I have now killfiled clockmeister and note Anthony your kind modification of his completely unnecessary fword. IMO this newsgroup is ruined by people who, otherwise no doubt (and indeed sometimes obviously) knowledgable, cannot express themselves without f*ing away. This ng is read by children who should not exposed all the time to it, and by others who would like to keep to the subject...

Reply to
<aalaan

snipped-for-privacy@tpg.com.au wrote

without

present the

Bet that will make him curl up and die for sure.

Pathetic, really.

sometimes

You've got silly hangups about perfectly good anglo saxon words ?

YOUR problem.

So stupid that it hasnt even noticed that they use it more than most.

You get no say what so ever on that or anything else at all, ever.

Can't even manage a viable sentence.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Hardly obsessed, but it does say allot about your intelligence and your ability to express yourself. I can't help wondering that with more than

400,000 words in the English language, why you try to describe everything using less than fifty. My cats make themselves better understood than you.

To get back to the point, this is exactly the kind of thing that I'm talking about. You make a blanket statement claiming to know something, but you don't bother to back it up with anything resembling evidence. OTOH, if bullying and pejorative statements were the way to make a case, you'd be the man.

We are all still waiting for one piece of technical evidence backing up your claims about not being able to connect two copies of the circuit (that I gave the link to) in parallel.

I usually don't criticize other peoples tinkerings, but I'll make an exception in this case. To put it bluntly, you did your PIC project all wrong. Because you chose to communicate serially to the PC (using TXD); you either severely limited the number of remote control transmitters that your circuit would work with, or you greatly complicated the software in the PIC. RECS 80, RC5 and some other odd-balls out there aren't even remotely similar to each other, not to mention how some manufacturers take what little bit of "standards" that do exist and then mangle them up just because. This is why LIRC and most likely all other remote-control IR interfaces that connect to a PC use simple hardware (like the schematic I provided) and complex software on the PC. The reasoning is simple, it's allot easier to field upgrade PC software than to re-flash a PIC.

See....not a curse word in the lot but I bet your smokin' right about now.

Sadly this is true in at least some respects, as you (and your ilk) have been put out of our misery long ago.

HTH, HAND. :-)

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

Looks who's crying...

Reply to
Clockmeister

Anthony, you're so right. All this person can do is f* or press his predefined short-cut key that says '***wrong -- as always...' or somesuch. You're putting him in his place technically. But I protest: couldn't you have edited his post when replying (as I have) so that you didn't quote and thus perpetuate his filth? I've killfiled him just to remove this rubbish, and to see it secondhand is a shame. By the way, the killfiling was reluctant, because I thought he actually had technical sense to talk; your debunking here has made me think twice about that too! I never could fathom why someone with knowledge would find recourse to foul language so apparently necessary; now I know I was wrong about the knowledge.

Reply to
<aalaan

short-cut

Clearly a pathological liar.

Only in your pathetic little drug crazed pig ignorant fantasyland.

that you

He's so hyped up that he can't even manage that.

Fat lot of good that will do you, f****it.

You could always do the decent thing and top yourself or sumfin.

technical

Not a shred of evidence that you are actually capable of thought.

language so

Only in your pathetic little drug crazed pig ignorant gutless fantasyland.

LIRC and

right about

Reply to
JohnH

Oops, nothing left.

Reply to
Clockmeister

Some gutless car crashing f****it desperately cowering behind Clockmeister wrote just the pathetic excuse for a troll that any 2 year old could leave for dead.

No surprise that it only ever gets to crash cars and nothing that ever amounts to a hill of beans technically.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Hmmm! The style is obviously pure Rod Speed!

Reply to
<aalaan

You're the one who managed to f*ck up ohms law so spectacularly then tried to wriggle your way out of your predicament with your usual bullshit.

Clearly you haven't a clue when it comes to electronics, or you would have shut the f*ck up by now from embarrassment alone.

I know, Some gutless... etc etc

Reply to
Clockmeister

Some gutless car crashing f****it desperately cowering behind Clockmeister wrote just the pathetic excuse for a troll that any 2 year old could leave for dead.

No surprise that it only ever gets to crash cars and nothing that ever amounts to a hill of beans technically.

Reply to
Rod Speed

In article , wrote: [...]

ROTFLMAO! Have you heard children talking these days? It's old fogies like *me*, not *them*, who feel uncomfortable when "f words" etc. are bandied around in conversation. I suspect you must fall into my category. :-)

Yeah. That does seem reasonable enough -- if somewhat optimistic in the modern version of USENET. It's amazing to think that as little as

15 years ago we were all happy to broadcast our snail mail addresses, and even phone numbers, in our dot sigs. Now it's only Rod and a few others who even game enough to use their real names.

Cheers, Phred.

--
ppnerkDELETE@THISyahoo.com.INVALID
Reply to