dual complementary transistors

Returning temporarily to hobby electronics after 30 years, can't find a
non-SOT case version of a npn/pnp transistor combo. Eyes dim, hands shaking,
can barely see the damn SOT things leave alone mount them on pcb. Any
suggestions (may have common base internal connection and needs to switch at
least 100 mA)?

Re: dual complementary transistors

"steve marchant" < snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk

 ** What a strange question.

PNP plus NPN pairs on the same chip are rare as hen's teeth - cos is is near
impossible to make good devices in both polarities that way.

Dual transistors in PNP and NPN are common, as that is the way to get
excellent device matching for diff pairs et .

For a complementary pair, for switching applicatons -  for heaven's sake use
TWO devices.

How about BC639 and BC640  - glued together if you like ??

.....  Phil

Re: dual complementary transistors

  At the time when this design was popular, using two transistors on the same
substrate ensured they were more closely matched than any old two separates
from a bin.

  I knew associates who bought many, and sat with a transistor tester for
hours to find close matches.

  Today, you wouldn't do it anymore, there are better ways of doing just about
everything.  But if you're in the repair game, you might not have the luxury,
funds or time to re-design from scratch...
--
Linux Registered User # 302622
<http://counter.li.org

Re: dual complementary transistors

"John Tserkezis"

**  Shame you did not read my post before sniping it  -

   FUCKWIT  !!

" PNP plus NPN pairs on the same chip are rare as hen's teeth - cos is is
near
impossible to make good devices in both polarities that way.  "

....  Phil

Re: dual complementary transistors

  I never claimed I read any of your posts before snipping Phil.
--
Linux Registered User # 302622
<http://counter.li.org

Re: dual complementary transistors

"John Tserkezis Wog  IDIOT "

** Seems to make no difference if you read them or not.

   Either way  -   nothing goes in to your impenetrable, autistic skull.

.....  Phil

Re: dual complementary transistors

Now, now Philthy.  Calm down, make a good strong cup of tea and take a
stress pill.

Re: dual complementary transistors

A cyanide pill would be much better.

Site Timeline