dtv

Who was the nong that decided we had to have digital? I have had numerous small and or portable analogue tv's all of which worked in some fashion with rabbits ears or coat hangers, split 300ohm ribbon. These new fangled digital tv's require monster aerials which are a bit awkward to carry around with a 3 1/2" tv

Reply to
F Murtz

Strange. For analog I had to use a rooftop fringe antenna - now for digital I just use a 6 inch 'whip' and all the channels come in just fine - and I am about 40 or 50 km from the station tower

David - lovin that digital

Reply to
David

Must be a fluke I have tried the little whip on two different digital usb tvs all over sydney and outer suburbs and had very little success. They both work on the house aerial and the other day I got a 4.5" dtv and tried it with no more success. (I returned it and got my money back) I have got a small $15 black and white analogue which works with its own extension whip

Reply to
F Murtz