DSE returns policy

What is the current returns policy at Dick Smith?

They used to have 30 day no questions asked returns.

Reply to
Reni

Probably 30 seconds or 30 metres, whichever comes first.

--
Sarchasm:The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who
doesn?t get it.

Google is your friend

Reply to
dechucka

"Reni"

** It was never 30 days and they always asked questions.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I thought it was 30 days. Perhaps it was 14 days. But there used to be a refund simply if it didn't work as you expected, which has since been removed.

Reply to
Reni

"Reni"

** Dunno how far back in time you wanna go - but here is an extract from the 2005/6 DSE catalogue:

Change of Mind return Policy:

Goods will be exchanged or refunded if you Change your Mind within 14 days from the date of purchase on the condition that:

  1. You provide proof of purchase; and

  1. The item is in unmarked original condition and packaging, with all supplied components.

Change of Mind refunds and exchanges:

  1. Do not apply to video games, computer software, pre-recorded music and movies ....

The above applied to normal goods and also kits of parts, providing no attempt to assemble the latter had been made.

Some kits had a " Sorry Dick, it Does Not Work " coupon inside that allowed you to return what you had built, with a fixed fee, for debuging and repair.

Kits that had been put together with glue or plumber's flux instead of cored solder were excluded.

DSE eventually included a quantity of suitable solder and instructions on how to solder with each kit - a massive break through that only took them

15 years or so to think of.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

To be fair wasn't the kits more the realm of Tandy and something DSE picked up later?

--
:-P
Reply to

"Peter"

** Massive HUH ??

DSE were selling kits from 1970 onwards, mostly for projects published in Electronics Australia and ETI magazines.

Tandy were never in that game.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

Reni wrote

They make an obscene gesture in your general direction.

If the goods are defective or not of merchantable quality or not as described, you can tell them that the law requires that they replace the goods with goods that don't have that problem or give you a full refund, and that's your choice, not theirs.

And they binned that.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I returned a set-top box last week.

I bought the STB in July 2011.

I had the invoice, original box, original manuals, the original component cables, and all the original stickers still on the STB (I am a very neat person :)

When I returned it, the Techxpert asked me why I was returning it, and I told her all the problems I had with it - the wireless didn't work, the ethernet didn't work, the USB didn't work, I was unable to flash the firware and it started switching off by itself.

I asked for my money back but she refused and offered me a store-credit which made me bitch and bitch until she pointed out that I could use the store credit at Dan Murphy's as well :)

I used $39.98 of the credit for an el cheapo STB (which needs to swapped again due to a volume prob) and $79.98 for 2x500ml of 100 proof arak from Dan Murphy's.

There is still $0.04 left on the store credit which will probably expire after 12 mths if I don't use it but I am sure I'll be passing by Dan Murphy's again real soon :)

Hope that helps.

Reply to
Geoff Lock

I thought DSE was owned by Woolworths which owns BWS. Do they also own Dan Murphys?

Reply to
Nick

Yep

Reply to
Dingles

They sure do :)

Reply to
Geoff Lock

Perhaps you should have spent $120 at Dan Murphys. :-)

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics: http://www.dontronics-shop.com/

The World's Cheapest Computer:
DuinoMite the PIC32 $30 Basic Computer-MicroController
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/the-maximite-computer.html
Just add a VGA monitor or TV, and PS2 Keyboard.
Arduino Shield, Programmed in Basic, or C.
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Nick wrote

Currently anyway, they are trying to flog DSE now.

Yep.

Yep

's

Reply to
Rod Speed

I offer a CONCRETE guarantee on all parts and labour here. We show it works and is fixed, once you leave the concrete out the front it's at my discretion what warranty we will cover as the power supply up here is crap and causes 90% of the faults I see in hardware, viruses cover 90% of software faults.

--
Brad Leyden
6° 43.5816' S 146° 59.3097' E  WGS84

Heheheheh, the thought did cross my mind :)

Reply to
Geoff Lock

What is the idea behind having the two brands? What are the two different market segments they are aiming at?

Reply to
Nick

Ya get pissed off at one and pissed at the other...

Reply to
SG1