DSE returns policy

What is the current returns policy at Dick Smith?

They used to have 30 day no questions asked returns.

Re: DSE returns policy

Probably 30 seconds or 30 metres, whichever comes first.

--
Sarchasm:The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who
doesn’t get it.

Re: DSE returns policy

Google is your friend

Re: DSE returns policy

"Reni"

http://dicksmith.com.au/help/returns-policy-content

**  It was never 30 days and they always asked questions.

....  Phil

Re: DSE returns policy

I thought it was 30 days.  Perhaps it was 14 days.  But there used to be a
refund simply if it didn't work as you expected, which has since been
removed.

Re: DSE returns policy

"Reni"

** Dunno how far back in time you wanna go -  but here is an extract from
the 2005/6  DSE catalogue:

Change of Mind return Policy:

Goods will be exchanged or refunded if you Change your Mind within 14 days
from the date of purchase on the condition that:

1. You provide proof of purchase; and

2. The item is in unmarked original condition and packaging, with all
supplied components.

Change of Mind refunds and exchanges:

1.  Do not apply to video games, computer software, pre-recorded music and
movies ....

The above applied to normal goods and also kits of parts, providing no
attempt to assemble the latter had been made.

Some kits had a " Sorry Dick, it Does Not Work " coupon inside that allowed
you to return what you had built, with a fixed fee, for debuging and repair.

Kits that had been put together with glue or plumber's flux instead of cored
solder were excluded.

DSE eventually included a quantity of suitable solder and instructions on
how to solder with each kit  - a massive break through that only took them
15 years or so to think of.

....  Phil

Re: DSE returns policy

To be fair wasn't the kits more the realm of Tandy and something DSE picked
up later?

--
:-P

Re: DSE returns policy

"Peter"

** Massive HUH  ??

DSE were selling kits from 1970 onwards, mostly for projects published in
Electronics Australia and ETI magazines.

Tandy were never in that game.

....  Phil

Re: DSE returns policy

A kit I bought 20 years ago had soldering instructions and solder, but
advanced kits didn't because it was assumed (and recommended) that
experienced assemblers put them together.

All the ones you assembled would have included solder and instructions.

Re: DSE returns policy

There was a time when DSE did some pretty impressive stuff. I purchased and
put together their 2 metre transceiver kit, it took me ages, but getting it
working was very straightforward, the instructions were excellent, and the
final result was totally satisfactory. That was in the 80s, having read this
thread I went out and put it on the air again, still works. Lo how the
mighty have fallen...

Re: DSE returns policy

Not when I worked there a few years ago. It was 14 days and the only
question asked if there was something wrong with it so it could be processed
through the repair channels.

That's all changed now though.

Re: DSE returns policy

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=DSE+returns+policy

--
⚂⚃ 100% natural

---

Re: DSE returns policy

They make an obscene gesture in your general direction.

If the goods are defective or not of merchantable quality or
not as described, you can tell them that the law requires that
they replace the goods with goods that don't have that problem
or give you a full refund, and that's your choice, not theirs.

And they binned that.

Re: DSE returns policy

I returned a set-top box last week.

I bought the STB in July 2011.

I had the invoice, original box, original manuals, the original
component cables, and all the original stickers still on the STB (I am a
very neat person :)

When I returned it, the Techxpert asked me why I was returning it, and I
told her all the problems I had with it - the wireless didn't work, the
ethernet didn't work, the USB didn't work, I was unable to flash the
firware and it started switching off by itself.

I asked for my money back but she refused and offered me a store-credit
which made me bitch and bitch until she pointed out that I could use the
store credit at Dan Murphy's as well :)

I used $39.98 of the credit for an el cheapo STB (which needs to swapped
again due to a volume prob) and $79.98 for 2x500ml of 100 proof arak
from Dan Murphy's.

There is still $0.04 left on the store credit which will probably expire
after 12 mths if I don't use it but I am sure I'll be passing by Dan
Murphy's again real soon :)

Hope that helps.

Re: DSE returns policy

I thought DSE was owned by Woolworths which owns BWS.  Do they also own Dan
Murphys?

Re: DSE returns policy

Yep

Re: DSE returns policy

They sure do :)

Re: DSE returns policy

What is the idea behind having the two brands?  What are the two different
market segments they are aiming at?

Re: DSE returns policy

Ya get pissed off at one and pissed at the other...

Re: DSE returns policy

Hm, not being a marketing fellow I would hazard the guess that owing two
brands gives market dominance and there is the advantage of having fake
competition.

Site Timeline