Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary
- Posted on
- DSE Q2220 3.5 digit LCD display HELP please?
November 16, 2005, 7:16 am
rate this thread
One of the applications circuits on the paperwork that comes with this
device allows the measurement of the voltage of the supply powering it.
I've built it.
On the BOARD of the device itself are a number of pads, tracks and
connections that LOOK to me as if they are designed to do this job with
appropriate SMD components. I can't quite figure out whether this is the
Has anyone used the back of the board to set up the negative power supply
generator as shown on the paperwork? Any advice/info?
Re: DSE Q2220 3.5 digit LCD display HELP please?
Yes, the PCB allows adding the -ve supply generator components. From
memory there are also solder pads which need bridging and/or some PCB
links cut to join the measurement reference to the 0V supply terminal
and shift the module supply to the output of the added generator.
I remember also thinking a bit later that you could get the module to
measure its own supply just by using a 3-resistor voltage divider,
with the resistors chosen so that the voltage at the bottom of the
middle resistor was above whatever it needs to be, and the voltage
across the middle resistor was 1/10th the supply. Then set the range /
decimal point accordingly and just measure the voltage across the
- » LOL OTT The 15 Most Hilarious, Absurd And Brutal Rate My Teacher Comments Ever!
- — Newest thread in » Electronics Down Under
- » Hate crimes against Moselms are up 1173% in 2016
- — Last Updated thread in » Electronics Down Under
- » Best place for a hobbiest to buy small amounts of parts?
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » Electronics Design