dse ha-873 house alarm triggers with lightning

My dse house alarm in the unarmed state triggers with close lightning. Happened twice during electrical storm overweekend in Sydney. I figure the cables that run to speakers, close loop, pir, power all act as antennas and lightning is inducing a voltage in gnd line. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Reply to
lentildude

Nothing worse than an unreliable alarm panel. I'd ditch it at the first sign of trouble like this and get a better name brand panel.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Have you checked the condition of the back up battery? Very common problem.

Reply to
Two Bob

I have the alarm running of a pc ups, with its own battery. Supply voltage isnt the issue, emf somehow seems to be the culprit.

Reply to
lentildude

Also check the suppression of the trip wires. Can they be earthed somehow? A mate of mine was always getting his kicks when he keyed his transmitter and he set of certain alarms in certain areas.

Reply to
Jonno

it's either normal the alarm filtering is crap or the pir's , either way it needs some filter caps installed. ( or a decent alarm)

Reply to
atec 77

A decent alarm more likely

Reply to