DSE ESR meters for A$12.50 now?

If you ever need anyone to build em, give me a call. Being a pensioner I'd only be glad of the work.

Reply to
Jonno

Thanks for your offer. I'll keep it in mind while we work out the direction in which things are going in with the meters....

Reply to
Bob Parker

Bob's ESR meter really doesn't take that long to assemble either.. took me less than 3/4 an hour before it was going & tested, & most of that was reading the article; the other 15 minutes was assembling it into the case. since then it's paid for itself many times over, & i paid about $60 for mine (can;t remember the exact amount, but it was definitely worth it). also, a kit doesn't have "planned obsolescence" built into it like a chinese mass-produced version might.. & i've got the circuit diagramme & board layout to help me repair it if i ever accidentally kill it.. no doubt if i ever need another micro, i can just get in touch with bob here & get one in a matter of days...

although, if they're at DSE for$12.50, i might just have to buy one as a spare.

cheers,

timbo.

Reply to
timbo

Another advantage of kits is that they probably don't need to go through the same expensive compliance testing against various standards (that are in themselves expensive to get hold of). In Europe, I think that it also gets out of the need to pay the bribe^H^H^H^H^H registration fee for the WEEE directive and there is nothing to stop the home constructor (who perhaps doesn't want tin whiskers or tin pest) from using lead solder either.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Jones