DSE ESR meters for A$12.50 now?

   It appears that DSE has now dropped the price of the K7214 ESR meter
kit to $12.50....?! I wonder what their bean counters are thinking??

See:
http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/45d32e650c31a7e22740c0a87f9c074e/Product/View/K7214W

Bob

Re: DSE ESR meters for A$12.50 now?

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/45d32e650c31a7e22740c0a87f9c074e/Product/View/K7214W

**Is there a good reason why I should dump my MkI in favour of a MK II?

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

--

Re: DSE ESR meters for A$12.50 now?

     No! :)

Bob

Re: DSE ESR meters for A$12.50 now?

**Thanks Bob. I'll stick with my MK I.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

--

Re: DSE ESR meters for A$12.50 now?

Crikey, they'll be tossing them in the dumpster next!
There are other kits which have also been slashed in half again from
their already slashed prices.

Dave :)

Re: DSE ESR meters for A$12.50 now?

Only by order via web. Add $9.90 postage, total price is $22.45.
Price in store -- $24.95

I just came back from the store -- they will not sell at $12.50.

Rudolf

Re: DSE ESR meters for A$12.50 now?

    Thanks for finding the 'hidden catch'.

Bob

Re: DSE ESR meters for A$12.50 now?

"Bob Parker"

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/45d32e650c31a7e22740c0a87f9c074e/Product/View/K7214W

** Hey - that is now even cheaper than my  " pocket oscillator"   kit .

http://www.altronics.com.au/index.asp?area=item&id=K2544

.......   Phil

Re: DSE ESR meters for A$12.50 now?

or my AVR SimmStick:
http://www.altronics.com.au/index.asp?area=item&id=K9510

BTW
All my SimmStick gear is now going out at 50% off.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:               http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html

Re: DSE ESR meters for A$12.50 now?

     That is one handy little oscillator! Mine gets used on a regular
basis. In fact it's the only audio oscillator I've got because it does
everything I need.

Bob

Re: DSE ESR meters for A$12.50 now?

"Bob Parker"

** Your on is built into a much nicer case too, isn't it   ;-)

BTW

How many Z86 .....   processors have you programmed for the ESR meter now ?

......    Phil

Re: DSE ESR meters for A$12.50 now?

    It sure is. :-)

    About 14,700 according to my records....

Bob

Re: DSE ESR meters for A$12.50 now?

In
now ?

Bloody hell. Did you do all those one at a time, or do you have a programmer
"farm"?

Re: DSE ESR meters for A$12.50 now?

    That's spread out from about December 1995 until now. An average of
only about 1,300 per year which is manageable. :)

Re: DSE ESR meters for A$12.50 now?

Bob, I called DSC to order the 50 ESR meters and they are sold out and will
not get any more. Some of the stores have the esr meters and when they sell
them, that the end of the esr meter.

Clarence
http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/45d32e650c31a7e22740c0a87f9c074e/Product/View/K7214W

Re: DSE ESR meters for A$12.50 now?

An older guy at DSE where I bought my ESR meter told me that
they were obsoleting all Dick Smith branded kits and only
keeping the Silicon Chip ones ongoing, FWIW.

Re: DSE ESR meters for A$12.50 now?

    Hi Clarence .... been a long time since we were in contact. Nice to
hear from you.  :)
    Thanks for the info, Geoff.
    I'm trying to find out for certain whether or not DSE intends to
ever make any more ESR meter kits. If not (which looks likely), me and
John's Jukes in Canada are going to have to work out a way of going into
production ourselves.
    We've been running a 'poll' to see how many people prefer building
an ESR meter from a kit, relative to how many are looking for a
ready-to-go instrument. So far, nearly 85% of people want it to be a
kit! Who said kit construction's a thing of the past? :)
    The poll's at http://flippers.com/esrkthnt.html if you wanna have a
look. :)

Bob

Re: DSE ESR meters for A$12.50 now?

Sure that's what they say, but if a fully built (in China) version and kit
were available at the same price (which would be the case if volume was high
enough) then you would soon find the ready made outselling the kit ten to
one, if not 100:1 or more. (just as with *most* electronic items these days)

But yes, people with enough knowledge to use an ESR meter, will happily
build one *IF* they are sufficiently cheaper than the commercially available
versions.

MrT.

Re: DSE ESR meters for A$12.50 now?

I m pleased to say I brought mine last Xmas and finally getting soem use
out of it. Thanks BOB you were really helpfull with the screen print
which rubbed of.... Jon V

Re: DSE ESR meters for A$12.50 now?

    No worries ... glad to help out. :)

Cheers