DSE ESR meter - Page 4

Re: DSE ESR meter

Jaycar
making

Which is probably why their inventory database is always wrong :-)

MrT.

Re: DSE ESR meter

-----------------------

It isnt just DSE where that works,  In the supermarket a good trick
was to buy boxes of items and then say to checkout operator 3 boxes of
12.

you will invariably find that they give an answer much less than the
real one.

in one case I bought  6 cartons of cat food, (when it was on a very
good special) told operator that there were 6 cartons of 24 cans, the
total keyed in was 43.

strangely I didnt realise this until I was halfway out of the shopping
centre and checked the docket.

Re: DSE ESR meter

    Of course! Why didn't I think of that? The education system's
turning out kids who not only have no knowledge of spelling and
punctuation, but they can't do mental arithmetic either. It has its good
points. :-)

Re: DSE ESR meter

I bought certain goods this morning , came to $34.35
  I handed over $40.50 , when putting the cash change away I realised I
got $20.20 back .

Re: DSE ESR meter

Just out of curiosity should I decide to do so, where can I order a spare
micro in the UK and how much would it likely be?

Re: DSE ESR meter

    Good question. I think a few people in England still have spares
available.
    Can I contact you directly by e-mail at the address you've given, or
do I need to modify it?

Bob

Re: DSE ESR meter

The return address from my usenet account is never downloaded as its always
full of spam, rather than repeat my email return address here I've replied
to an email you sent me when the LDO mod 27k resistor was mentioned.

Re: DSE ESR meter

Does anyone know if Jaycar ever started marketing in the UK?

I have a 2004 catalogue which IIRC came through the post back then, I never
ordered it from anywhere and it has a cover price of $3.95 which no one ever
asked me to pay. The only addresses on the back cover are Aus & NZ.

Re: DSE ESR meter

They're currently advertising in Elektor. I can't tell you when they started.

Re: DSE ESR meter

Thanks - I never read the adverts, maybe I should.

It seemed a little odd that the cover price printed on the front was in $
and all the prices inside were in , all the ordering addresses printed on
the back cover were Aus or NZ so it probably had an order slip with a UK
address slipped in the pages.

Site Timeline