DSE dumbing down - ok, so it's old news, but *really*!!! - Page 3

Re: DSE dumbing down - ok, so it's old news, but *really*!!!

Some of their 'sales staff' know how to listen; I was waiting the local dse
while the salesman tried to show someone how to get the back off her Nokia,
when I saw she (the sales rep) didn't know and helped out, everyone
benefited. OTOH I had to go back to the ever diminishing racks of components
and get their part number for the diodes I was buying. Should have just told
her they were 2c resistors.

Re: DSE dumbing down - ok, so it's old news, but *really*!!!

LOL.......  You could have saved some dosh.........

On a funny note

They had a rather lovely and rather tall sales rep in their
Myer Centre store and must have been a bet or something
but 2 or 3 guys in a row trying to get her number......

Re: DSE dumbing down - ok, so it's old news, but *really*!!!

I'd like to have been there to see that....

Has anyone else seen a dicksmiths ad recently where they were saying that
all their staff was bright and knowledgeable? I've only noticed it in the
last couple of days.

--

Wing Wong.
Webpage: http://wing.ucc.asn.au

Re: DSE dumbing down - ok, so it's old news, but *really*!!!

[SNIP]

Yes, fell of the chair laughing the first time I saw it..  Might have been
true many years ago when Dick himself owned DSE or even in the few years
after that, but slowly the knowledgeable have been replaced by the typical
Woolies plebs you expect to see for such wages..

As one DSE employee said when I commented about their lack of knowledge
about their own products "what do you expect, we work for Woolies"...

Still, gives some of us more sarcastic buggers hours of entertainment
watching staff run back and forth from catalogue to Manager back to
catalogue and down to customer trying to answer questions!!!!  <g>

PS And yes, before anyone asks, I HAVE worked in that industry, many years
ago when you were hired because you actually knew what you were talking
about rather than how much they had to pay you...

Site Timeline