DSE CRO on Sale - Page 2

Re: DSE CRO on Sale

On 30 Nov 2006 18:41:09 +1100, Chris Baird

WOw, i didn't know that people still made tube cro's!!! Thats like a
blast from the past!

Re: DSE CRO on Sale

It's a retro thing, just like LED watches and Atari T-Shirts are back
in fashion.

Dave :)

Re: DSE CRO on Sale

In article

Needing a bypass op is probably a sign that there have been things amiss
in the circulatory system for a while, meaning that little bits of the
brain get slowly damaged.  Any "bits of crap" substantial enough to get
flushed up the aorta and make it to the brain would probably cause more
damage.  Fortunately if you take your time and exercise the ability you
can retrieve it to some extent. Might be worth doing crosswords with the
morning paper, or something like that.

Re: DSE CRO on Sale

HI Mathew

While you are right of course, unfortunately there is also a condition caused
by the bypass machine itself (but buggered if I can remember what it is called
at the moment).  My docs brother had to give up practice as a psychiatrist due
to this condition - I had to give up working as a therapist.

David

Re: DSE CRO on Sale

"snip>

Been there, done that. (mitral valve repair).
It kept me alive and active, for which I daily give thanks.
The cost is that I have a mental fog at times and forget things, and names,
and where I put things, and where I should have put things..............
But I do remember that I have known that little device as a CRO for fifty
years or so.
In the lab, a scope was a microscope, and anywhere else, a scope was a
telescope.
I still have a working DSE single-trace, 5MHz CRO that I bought something
like thirty? years ago.
It was value for money then, although I can't remember what it cost. In
those days an individual couldn't really afford, or justify, the cost of a
laboratory CRO.
I got a lot of use from it playing with audio and then in developing
applications for single-board computers.

Re: DSE CRO on Sale

What if they have no cathode ray tube?

Re: DSE CRO on Sale

    Good point. :) I just say, "Where's me Tekscope?" because that's
what's written on it.

Re: DSE CRO on Sale

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 21:10:03 +1100, Bob Parker

I only have one of those crappy (but expensive) Tek LCD 'scopes' these
days but I still call it a CRO. I have not used it in the last 4-5
years, perhaps I should sell it..

Re: DSE CRO on Sale

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 20:24:59 +1000, The Real Andy

Its a TDS 220. I see ebay reckons $900, i think i paid near on $2000
IIRC just after they were released. I bought it for field work. Sigh,
I got ripped, but it did pay itself off.

Re: DSE CRO on Sale

    Mine's an old THS720 handheld which has paid for itself lots of
times, despite a few annoying bugs in its firmware and an intermittent
problem associated with one BNC connector which is not a replaceable item.

Re: DSE CRO on Sale

 >    I agree with Phil

  I hope you feel dirty .

Re: DSE CRO on Sale

"David L. Jones"

**  No  " perhaps "  about it.

 It is 100%,  * positively * ,  Septic Tank jargon.

** You must have a lot of  " funny " colleagues then.

FYI  -  dickhead:

The word " scope " refers to that famous brand of soldering equipment sole
here in Australia for many decades.

Not a good idea to get the two mixed up  -   it could lead to lotsa tears.

**  A very smelly red herring indeed.

     Like most of your dumb posts.

.......   Phil

Re: DSE CRO on Sale

Hey, have we found another button to push perhaps? ;-)

Nope, really good ones in fact that work in the real world where it
doesn't matter if you call an oscilloscope a CRO or a scope.

I've heard that's a common mistake in the toaster repair trade, but in
the real world it doesn't happen.

Dave :)

Re: DSE CRO on Sale

Would be a pretty silly thing to do if it's a D'Arsonval movement :-)

MrT.

Re: DSE CRO on Sale

"David L. Jones"

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/456d0d86023652902742c0a87f9c06ec/Product/View/Q1803

** For those who prefer, you can get the exact same CRO  ( badged Caltek)
from  Farnell inOne for a mere  $ 516.18  plus gst.  Funny how they have no
stock .......

http://au.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU42%83934

........  Phil

Re: DSE CRO on Sale

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/456d0d86023652902742c0a87f9c06ec/Product/View/Q1803

Thanks for that, been meaning to pick one up, just ordered one.

Re: DSE CRO on Sale

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/456d0d86023652902742c0a87f9c06ec/Product/View/Q1803

They had them for the equivalent price in NZ a few months back...

The clearance pages are worth a read sometimes...  free logic probes,
or $1 power drills if you're willing to travel to the aproprate location.

yup... not dual trace or anything neat like that though.

$98 for a 10Mhz probe ?

Bye.
   Jasen

Site Timeline