DSE charging full price for strip-board on special - Page 3

Re: DSE charging full price for strip-board on special

machinesmith furiously typed the following on 5/07/2006 3:23 AM:

I left for the same reason - I made a hell of a lot of the origonal kits
for the parramatta power house (all for free in my own time of course!
;-)  Prob never used them all anyways), at the time I was working at the
Gosford Store training as a T.A.M. - they ended up moving me to Hornsby
to do Manager Training but "couldnt find me a store" like most of the
other managers in training!  :-P

I got sick of doing "training" and being paid like a salesman and my
managers making the money/bonuses from the store and not looking after
the staff...   ...less and less componants, and more and more it being
about retail crap imported - I was actually told by my manager once to
"...stop wasting time on the people buying 2c componants and sell a
bloody fax machine or a computer already!"

One of the best managers and trainers I ever had was a guy called Matt
S, he went from Gosford to S.A. shortly after I left the company,
apparently to go to another DS store - and he had been with the company
since he was about 16yrs old, maybe younger?!  And he was about 30yrs
old when he moved to S.A.!

Anyway, thats my 2cents worth.

Its a shame what Woolworths, and shareholders can do to a company eh?!

:-D  --  Richard W

Re: DSE charging full price for strip-board on special

On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 07:39:30 +1000, Richard Waters

Hi Richard,

Not sure why, but your name is familiar to me. Maybe I saw it on some DSE
internal documents or spoke to you back in the day, who knows.

Unfortunately i've seen alot of good people go in my time, however many of
them i've spoken to have enjoyed there time at DSE and while disappointed
to be moving on have usually gone on to better things using the knowledge
they gained while working for the company.

It is what it is, it's up to the remaining staff to work with what we have
and be good at it, unfortunately as in any business there are always staff
who let the company down giving others and the company a tardy reputation.

Mike

Re: DSE charging full price for strip-board on special

hiya buddy,

I started working as a casual at DSE Dandenong in late 89 and then accepted
a full time position at the Springvale store. For around the next seven
years I bounced back and forth between these two stores and then around
1997 moved to the Richmond (Vic) store, where I spent 12 or so months
before accepting a position as a technician at the DSE Victorian Service
Centre. Spent seven or eight years there before it was closed down as part
of the centralising of service and "reverse logistics" (gotta love the
lingo these days). Rather than resign I accepted an offer to go back into
retail, so i've come full circle, i'm back in a store. :)

Not sure of the guy in Bendigo you mean, could be Darren ?? Or before him ,
um, Mark ??

I remember visiting the Bankstown P/House when it first opened, I was up in
Sydney doing the Point Of Sale Support training. Probably the first and
last time DSE will ever pay for my flight and accomodation, still, it was
an interesting few days.

Ahhh how things have changed in 16 years!

Mike

Re: DSE charging full price for strip-board on special

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 22:10:16 +1000, andrew Gamlen

same experience here with Futurlec. Whats more, it took many emails to
chase up the missing items from my order. I was also annoyed that there was
no mention the items would be shipped from Thailand, not sure if they make
that clear now, if not, they should.

mike

Z80/ARM Boards in AU (Was: DSE charging full price for strip-board on special)

 > same experience here with Futurlec. Whats more, it took many emails
 > to chase up the missing items from my order. I was also annoyed
 > that there was no mention the items would be shipped from Thailand,
 > not sure if they make that clear now, if not, they should.

Sigh. I'll take suggestions of Australian registered businesses
that're selling Z80 or Philips ARM experimenter boards. (Certain
spammers *coughdontronics* need not apply..)

(And no, the readily-available Rabbit boards are no good as a Z80
alternative, since I'm intending to do CP/M.)
--
Chris

Site Timeline