DSE charging full price for strip-board on special

Hey Mike

What stores did you work at? I was based in stores around NSW, then when the first powerhouse opened in bankstown I was moved there, I spent a few years there then I left because with the staff purchases gone, the pay was really shitty ;)

Theres a guy at the pretty kewl Bendigo store thats been around for years and years... lol.. I don't know how he manages it but there you go :) You arent based in Tassie are you? I think I might actually know you.

Cheers buddy

Reply to
machinesmith

machinesmith furiously typed the following on 5/07/2006 3:23 AM:

I left for the same reason - I made a hell of a lot of the origonal kits for the parramatta power house (all for free in my own time of course! ;-) Prob never used them all anyways), at the time I was working at the Gosford Store training as a T.A.M. - they ended up moving me to Hornsby to do Manager Training but "couldnt find me a store" like most of the other managers in training! :-P

I got sick of doing "training" and being paid like a salesman and my managers making the money/bonuses from the store and not looking after the staff... ...less and less componants, and more and more it being about retail crap imported - I was actually told by my manager once to "...stop wasting time on the people buying 2c componants and sell a bloody fax machine or a computer already!"

One of the best managers and trainers I ever had was a guy called Matt S, he went from Gosford to S.A. shortly after I left the company, apparently to go to another DS store - and he had been with the company since he was about 16yrs old, maybe younger?! And he was about 30yrs old when he moved to S.A.!

Anyway, thats my 2cents worth.

Its a shame what Woolworths, and shareholders can do to a company eh?!

:-D -- Richard W

Reply to
Richard Waters

Reply to
<aalaan

hiya buddy,

I started working as a casual at DSE Dandenong in late 89 and then accepted a full time position at the Springvale store. For around the next seven years I bounced back and forth between these two stores and then around

1997 moved to the Richmond (Vic) store, where I spent 12 or so months before accepting a position as a technician at the DSE Victorian Service Centre. Spent seven or eight years there before it was closed down as part of the centralising of service and "reverse logistics" (gotta love the lingo these days). Rather than resign I accepted an offer to go back into retail, so i've come full circle, i'm back in a store. :)

Not sure of the guy in Bendigo you mean, could be Darren ?? Or before him , um, Mark ??

I remember visiting the Bankstown P/House when it first opened, I was up in Sydney doing the Point Of Sale Support training. Probably the first and last time DSE will ever pay for my flight and accomodation, still, it was an interesting few days.

Ahhh how things have changed in 16 years!

Mike

Reply to
Mike Paull

Hi Richard,

Not sure why, but your name is familiar to me. Maybe I saw it on some DSE internal documents or spoke to you back in the day, who knows.

Unfortunately i've seen alot of good people go in my time, however many of them i've spoken to have enjoyed there time at DSE and while disappointed to be moving on have usually gone on to better things using the knowledge they gained while working for the company.

It is what it is, it's up to the remaining staff to work with what we have and be good at it, unfortunately as in any business there are always staff who let the company down giving others and the company a tardy reputation.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Paull