DSE Bargain CRO

** Anyone here had a good look and play with the DSE, 10 MHz  CRO  yet ??

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/435c92d70bf12d382740c0a87f9c071f/Product/View/Q1803

For a mere $158  inc gst  plus nice 10:1 probe chucked in it  MUST  be hard
to beat for value even against used CROs.

The specs look pretty good and it has a decent 1.2 kV acceleration voltage.

Very neat and compact too.

.........  Phil

Re: DSE Bargain CRO

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/435c92d70bf12d382740c0a87f9c071f/Product/View/Q1803

Incredibly cheap. Almost half the price of equivalent units like the
Instek/Goodwill 10MHz model.
Would be interesting to get a look inside.
Hard to beat against a used model indeed, if the specs are what you are
after.

Dave :)

Re: DSE Bargain CRO

I went through the process of considering a better s/h unit instead of a lessor
new unit, but in the
end felt that while one of those better cros would be great if it worked and
continued working, the
cost of any repairs would probably break my bank, as I am not cluey enough to
fix one of those, and
would/might need a cro to do the repair.

David

Re: DSE Bargain CRO

lessor new unit, but in the
continued working, the
fix one of those, and

A new CRO is nice, has that nice "new CRO" smell, and you get that
warm-fuzzy as you peel the plastic protective cover off the front
panel. Just like a new car, everyone should own one at least once!

Now you can get yourself an old second hand high bandwidth one as well

Dave :)

Re: DSE Bargain CRO

lessor new unit, but in the
continued working, the
to fix one of those, and

   I did, about 30 years ago.  A brand new Leader 10 MHz dual trace with
the probes, manual, and a spare fuse.  It was stolen two years later.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Re: DSE Bargain CRO

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/435c92d70bf12d382740c0a87f9c071f/Product/View/Q1803

**'Tis cheap. I doubt that it uses a PDA tube though. Still and all, 10MHz
for 160 Bucks is hard to beat. I wonder what the wholesale price is? I'll
make a call tomorrow.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: DSE Bargain CRO

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/435c92d70bf12d382740c0a87f9c071f/Product/View/Q1803

Don't know about that, I only paid $220 for a Tektronix 475A off Ebay, 250
megs bandwidth, and probably one of the best scopes made by anybody
anywhere. Its old but works fine.

Keith

Re: DSE Bargain CRO

** This is not ever going to stop:

The Rutmaniac Arse Bandit has **NEVER**  told us how much money
the Thai pal he "imported"  into Perth ripped off from his credit card and
bank accounts.

He has refused, over and over, to say why he never reported the crime his
Thai boy lover committed to his Bank or to the WA police.

** This post of his on " rec.travel asia " from 1997 explains the event:

"  WARNING - Tourism dangers for Gay Tourists in Thailand

 In my case I was coerced into sponsoring a Thai into Australia.  I was
lead down the garden path into a false sense of security about my
relationship with this person.  His aim was clearly to get me to purswade
the Australian Embassy to grant him a visa.  Once here I didn't exist after
he drained my bank account and ran my credit card into overdraft.

 Alan Rutlidge (Perth Western Australia)    "

----------------------------- ------------------------------------

** The 1997 date pretty much  co-incidences with the enactment of
 Section 50 BA of the Commonwealth Crimes Act.

This is the law that finally made engaging in or promoting under age
sex tourism a criminal offence  -  max penalty 17 years in jail.

BTW

The age of consent for gay males in WA in 1997 was 21 years old.

Come on  -  Arse Bandit  -  we all need to know if you were being
blackmailed.

**  I do not care how many of your vile,  criminal colleagues you organise
to intimidate me.

 It only makes you look so much  WORSE  !!!

........  Phil

Re: DSE Bargain CRO

WOW, This is the third time you've posted this to the same newsgroup today.

Gawd, you must be bored shitless by now.

Re: DSE Bargain CRO

I suppose its like they say, just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean
that they aren't out to get you.

Keep on taking the pills, it looks like you may have skipped a few doses.

Re: DSE Bargain CRO

??
http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/435c92d70bf12d382740c0a87f9c071f/Product/View/Q1803
hard
voltage.

There's the understatement of the year.  6mm/div   Kinda small on the
screen, don't you think?

Re: DSE Bargain CRO

"Anthony Fremont"

**  No.

........  Phil

Re: DSE Bargain CRO

the

The "don't you think" part was rhetorical, I was talking about the
2"X2.5" display.  My wife's digital camera has a display nearly that
big.

Re: DSE Bargain CRO

Just plugged a 19" LCD monitor into my Agilent 6000 series scope at
work, now THAT'S a scope display! Next stop, the LCD projector on the
wall :->
Damn impressive scope the 6000.

Dave :)

Re: DSE Bargain CRO

**Now that's a twist: Usually, guys brag about their red sports cars, or the
size of their guns. You're using your CRO as a penis substitute?

Mind you: I am jealous. Those Agilent 'scopes are kinda nice.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: DSE Bargain CRO

"Anthony Fremont"
  "Phil Allison"

** My "no" was not rhetorical.

The screen size is perfectly OK for a single beam CRO.

The detail and resolution of such a CRT screen is far better than that of
LCD scopes that cost  $2000 and with screens many times the size.

**  See above.

A battery operated NLS MS-15 (15 MHz) mini scope has a  4 x 5  CRT screen
where each division is 0.25 inches.

That is only one quarter the size of the DSE  CRO but still quite usable as
it is very sharp.

........  Phil

Re: DSE Bargain CRO

Yep, I bought one - very nice unit, easy to use, appears well made, and is a
bargain for the price.

I have also just bought one of their 20meg CROs and that too is fine (I found I
needed 2 channels
afterall) nice units for the money

David

PS My 10 meg unit is for sale - only 3 or 4 hours use, still under guarantee -
all offers
considered

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/435c92d70bf12d382740c0a87f9c071f/Product/View/Q1803

Re: DSE Bargain CRO

"quietguy"

 **   Two questions:

1.  Is there an external means of rotating the trace - ie make it horizontal
in spite of the earths mag field.

2.  Is there any spec for the maximum *safe* ( ie non damaging)  input
voltage on the vertical amp?

..........   Phil

Re: DSE Bargain CRO

Yes, mechanical adj on the rear of the case - a no sweat adj.

400Vp according to a label on the CRO itself

David

Re: DSE Bargain CRO

"quietguy"

**  Thanks very much for that David.

Looks like the DSE , 10MHz CRO  can be safely recommended to most hobbyists
and techs with not too demanding requirements.

If I did not have  4 perfectly functioning CROs  ( inc a valve one I built
in 1970) already I might get one myself  !!

Site Timeline