DSE 10MHZ CRO pics

** See  ABSE  =   "alt.binaries.schematics.electronic"  for internal pics of
the CRO.

Google Gropers,  forget it.

Binaries are off limits to you.

........  Phil

Re: DSE 10MHZ CRO pics

I only see a pic of the bottom side.
Got one of the component side too?

Dave :)

Re: DSE 10MHZ CRO pics

"David L. Jones"

** I posted a 604 KB  JPEG on Saturday.

Others can see it,  but not all and not me.

GG users like YOU cannot see the NG at all.

.......   Phil

Re: DSE 10MHZ CRO pics

Ok, thanks, I'll try another server. I was using the Bigpond server.

Not with Google Groups, but I have access to other news servers that
can.

Might be better to use a web based image repositry, fewer such issues
then.

Dave :)

Re: DSE 10MHZ CRO pics

pics

I use the Bigpond new server, and it turned in the binaries up for me,
although it wasn't the kind of CRO-pr0n I usually go for.

Re: DSE 10MHZ CRO pics

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 13:25:44 +1000, "Phil Allison"

   If you upload the image(s) to http://www.filespoint.com/ and tell
us the download URL, we'll all be able to have a look. :-)

Bob

Re: DSE 10MHZ CRO pics

"Bob Parker"

**  Gee,  that was relatively painless ....

Nice one,   Bob.

Here is the coveted link:

http://www.filespoint.com/point/2689731/DSC00578.JPG.html

........    Phil

Re: DSE 10MHZ CRO pics

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 20:47:14 +1000, "Phil Allison"

   Just as painless to download and view it. Nice photo from your
DSC-L1, and the kind of simple easily-accessible layout I like to see
in the CRO.
   I only discovered the Filespoint site a few weeks ago. It's very
handy for this kind of thing, and you don't have to sign in or tell it
any e-mail addresses or anything.

Bob

Re: DSE 10MHZ CRO pics

"Bob Parker"

**  Huh ?

The camera was actually  a  Sony 4 megapixel.

A good friend of mine got it as a "sweetener" when he bought one of the last
Sony Wega  16:9 TVs ever made.

**  Kinda old fashioned and  VEEERRRY  much like the BWD CROs.

**  Sounds dangerous  ....

......  Phil

Re: DSE 10MHZ CRO pics

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 21:28:24 +1000, "Phil Allison"

   I use the Picasa photo viewing program which displays the camera
info in .jpg files. It said it was a Sony DSC-L1 which is indeed a 4
megapixel unit.

   Yeah, that's what I like about it!!!

   The potential is there....

Re: DSE 10MHZ CRO pics

"Bob Parker"

 **  OK -   that is indeed the camera.

With reviewer's like this one "sticking in the boot "  no wonder Sony
Australia were happy to give them away with obsolete Wegas  .....

http://www.cnet.com.au/digitalcameras/cameras/0,39036184,40053706,00.htm

......   Phil

Re: DSE 10MHZ CRO pics

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 00:27:50 +1000, "Phil Allison"

   Steve's Digicams in the USA has a reputation for being reasonably
impartial. He said:

   "Bottom line - the Sony Cyber-shot L1 is a definite winner. It will
make a great choice for anyone who wants an affordable "pocket-rocket"
that captures pleasing images. With 4- megapixels, you can create
photo-quality 8x10-inch or larger prints. Retailing for about $300,
the L1 offers an excellent value and will make a perfect addition to
your holiday gift list."

   I'd believe him more than some whining Aussie who probably owns
another brand camera and hates all others.

Bob

Re: DSE 10MHZ CRO pics

That does look quite painless.
For images I prefer a proper image uploader (like Sourceforge Gallery)
that will automatically create a thumbnail and multi-res versions for
fast viewing etc, but filespoint.com looks real handy for non-images
etc
Can you delete afterwards?

Nice pic too, thanks Phil.

Dave :)

Re: DSE 10MHZ CRO pics

   From memory, Filespoint.com deletes the file a month after the last
time it was downloaded.
   I've also used YouSendIt at http://www.yousendit.com/ which has
severe limits on how many times a file can be downloaded. It claims to
delete them after only a few days. I think there's a "Delete" function
on the download page too. There used to be, anyway.

Bob

Re: DSE 10MHZ CRO pics

I figured it would be something like that.

I have my own web server space, so it's easy to put things up there and
keep them there.
Unfortunately 250MB doesn't go far these days though! :-(

Most people have web space as part of their ISP account too, handy for
putting up stuff to share. Your average Joe doesn't know how to use it
though as it usually needs FTP.

Dave :)

Re: DSE 10MHZ CRO pics

What do you mean? The company I work for has 60-80 Mb sized site with
plenty of information, PDF manuals for our products and configuration
software... unless you want to run your own Ebay how do you use 250 Mb?
Tom

Re: DSE 10MHZ CRO pics

Very easy with half a dozen personal web sites, associated images and
files, a gallery, a Wiki, a forum, some private FTP areas etc
My personal websites do 5GB traffic per month!

Dave :)

Re: DSE 10MHZ CRO pics

I'm not asking about traffic... How do you provide 250 Mb of unique
material on your website?

Re: DSE 10MHZ CRO pics

Photos take a lot, esp if you are providing high or medium res versions
for people.
I think webmail might be included in that too.
A calendar I recently produced takes over 200MB for the master TIF
files (about 20MB per image), I obviously had to put that on another
server. Even the lower res version uses 30MB.
A raster map file I want to share takes 80MB on it's own, don't have
room for that either.

It all adds up.

Dave :)

Site Timeline