DSE 10MHZ CRO pics

** See ABSE = "alt.binaries.schematics.electronic" for internal pics of the CRO.

Google Gropers, forget it.

Binaries are off limits to you.

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I only see a pic of the bottom side. Got one of the component side too?

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

"David L. Jones"

** I posted a 604 KB JPEG on Saturday.

Others can see it, but not all and not me.

GG users like YOU cannot see the NG at all.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Ok, thanks, I'll try another server. I was using the Bigpond server.

Not with Google Groups, but I have access to other news servers that can.

Might be better to use a web based image repositry, fewer such issues then.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

If you upload the image(s) to

and tell us the download URL, we'll all be able to have a look. :-)

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

"Bob Parker"

** Gee, that was relatively painless ....

Nice one, Bob.

Here is the coveted link:

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

pics

I use the Bigpond new server, and it turned in the binaries up for me, although it wasn't the kind of CRO-pr0n I usually go for.

Reply to
Poxy

Just as painless to download and view it. Nice photo from your DSC-L1, and the kind of simple easily-accessible layout I like to see in the CRO. I only discovered the Filespoint site a few weeks ago. It's very handy for this kind of thing, and you don't have to sign in or tell it any e-mail addresses or anything.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

"Bob Parker"

** Huh ?

The camera was actually a Sony 4 megapixel.

A good friend of mine got it as a "sweetener" when he bought one of the last Sony Wega 16:9 TVs ever made.

** Kinda old fashioned and VEEERRRY much like the BWD CROs.

** Sounds dangerous ....

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

That does look quite painless. For images I prefer a proper image uploader (like Sourceforge Gallery) that will automatically create a thumbnail and multi-res versions for fast viewing etc, but filespoint.com looks real handy for non-images etc Can you delete afterwards?

Nice pic too, thanks Phil.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

I use the Picasa photo viewing program which displays the camera info in .jpg files. It said it was a Sony DSC-L1 which is indeed a 4 megapixel unit.

Yeah, that's what I like about it!!!

The potential is there....

Reply to
Bob Parker

From memory, Filespoint.com deletes the file a month after the last time it was downloaded. I've also used YouSendIt at

which has severe limits on how many times a file can be downloaded. It claims to delete them after only a few days. I think there's a "Delete" function on the download page too. There used to be, anyway.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

"Bob Parker"

** OK - that is indeed the camera.

With reviewer's like this one "sticking in the boot " no wonder Sony Australia were happy to give them away with obsolete Wegas .....

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Steve's Digicams "Bottom line - the Sony Cyber-shot L1 is a definite winner. It will make a great choice for anyone who wants an affordable "pocket-rocket" that captures pleasing images. With 4- megapixels, you can create photo-quality 8x10-inch or larger prints. Retailing for about $300, the L1 offers an excellent value and will make a perfect addition to your holiday gift list." I'd believe him more than some whining Aussie who probably owns another brand camera and hates all others.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

I figured it would be something like that.

I have my own web server space, so it's easy to put things up there and keep them there. Unfortunately 250MB doesn't go far these days though! :-(

Most people have web space as part of their ISP account too, handy for putting up stuff to share. Your average Joe doesn't know how to use it though as it usually needs FTP.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

What do you mean? The company I work for has 60-80 Mb sized site with plenty of information, PDF manuals for our products and configuration software... unless you want to run your own Ebay how do you use 250 Mb? Tom

Reply to
Tom

Very easy with half a dozen personal web sites, associated images and files, a gallery, a Wiki, a forum, some private FTP areas etc My personal websites do 5GB traffic per month!

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

I'm not asking about traffic... How do you provide 250 Mb of unique material on your website?

Reply to
Tom

Photos take a lot, esp if you are providing high or medium res versions for people. I think webmail might be included in that too. A calendar I recently produced takes over 200MB for the master TIF files (about 20MB per image), I obviously had to put that on another server. Even the lower res version uses 30MB. A raster map file I want to share takes 80MB on it's own, don't have room for that either.

It all adds up.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones