Drive gear for Sharp CD mech

I need the drive gear for the sled motor for a Sharp H8134AF laser
assembly out of a GX-CD555Z(GY) portable 3-in-1 unit. Its dimensions
are 6mm high, 4.5mm OD, 2mm shaft dia (suits RF-310T-11400 motor). It
has 11 teeth. TIA for any assistance.

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Drive gear for Sharp CD mech

Franc

I have stolen gears from many different mechs to replace ones that have
split in the position where you've got the bad one. Some have 13 teeth, but
they appear to run just as well with no tightness or tooth misalignment. If
you have a scrap DVD deck in your junk box, there's a good chance that the
sled drive pinion will do the job. If the one you find has a lip around the
bottom edge, it can simply be put on the shaft the other way up. Good luck !

Arfa

Re: Drive gear for Sharp CD mech

Ha. That's a shame. It's always a real pisser when you do something really
clever like fixing a drive mech from the junkbox, only to find that the
laser is naff. The life of a service engineer eh? who'd want it ... ?

Arfa