Dr Howard Johnson, this weeks guest on The Amp Hour - Page 4

Re: Dr Howard Johnson, this weeks guest on The Amp Hour
athttp://www.sigcon.com/Pubs/news/8_08.htmforthe whole ridiculous thing.

Right.  Later editions have more on signal integrity.  I've been meaning
to get a copy of the fifth edition.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

Did you have to pay him? How much?

John

Re: Dr Howard Johnson, this weeks guest on The Amp Hour
On Jan 11, 5:09A0%am, John Larkin

No, he was not paid, non of our guests are.
We invite them on and they graciously agree to give up their time to
participate.

Dave.

Re: Dr Howard Johnson, this weeks guest on The Amp Hour

Rather like authors going on "signing tours" to get a bit more
publicity for the books they have written.

Winfield Hill never seems to have done that in the past. Maybe he'll
get sent on tour when the third edition finally comes off the press.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Re: Dr Howard Johnson, this weeks guest on The Amp Hour

No, not at all.
We liked him so invited him on the show, he did not approach us.
He was kind enough to come on and be a guest without any agenda at
all.

Dave.

Re: Dr Howard Johnson, this weeks guest on The Amp Hour

Lucky him. There can't be all that many hosts who don't know how
marginal his stuff actually is. Rather like Michelin's lowest grade of
approval - useful in the area, at the price. His books aren't cheap,
but they are cheaper than a google search or a couple of hours in a
good technical library.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Re: Dr Howard Johnson, this weeks guest on The Amp Hour
On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 02:16:54 -0800 (PST), Bill Sloman

He makes a lot of money consulting, privately and at conferences. He
once challenged anyone to debate him on some controversial point, the
gotcha being that you'd have to pay him $600 to get past the door and
debate.

John

Site Timeline