dot matrix lcd display

Does anyone know where I can find a tutorial on how to program one of those
dot matrix lcd displays? I'm not talking about those 2 or 4 line displays
where write in the letters, I'm refering to those 128x64 displays or
similar.
Thanks

Re: dot matrix lcd display

Which brand and model?, they vary.
The datasheet is the best place to start.

If you want to do it the easy way, try these:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/Micro-VGA-p-1-c-262.html

Dave.

Re: dot matrix lcd display

Are you are interfacing with a microcontroller? If so, depending on the LCD,
and the micro someone may have done the hard work for you already and
written a neat routine for it. Post a little more info.

Regards
James

Re: dot matrix lcd display

Yes, I wish to program with a microcontroller.
In regards to what item I am talking about, see this link
http://www.altronics.com.au/index.asp?area=item&id=Z7052

Re: dot matrix lcd display

I don't know about other micros but for the Epson SED1520 LCD controller and
AVR there are routines already written, as revealed by a quick search of the
Bascom AVR forum and the AVR freaks forum.

James

Re: dot matrix lcd display

Some of these links deal with interfacing pcs to graphic lcds.

There are people who charge for driver librarys
http://www.ramtex.dk/products/lcdd1520.htm

There's LCDstudio at
http://www.lcdstudio.com/site20/home.php

Also try the software at Matrix Orbital, but it's primarily geared to their
products,
http://www.matrixorbital.ca/software /

Crystalfonz might have something as well.

Someone has created some free functions for the KS0108 devices at
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/rs-rey/electronic_ressources/Ressources/8051/GraphicLCD/GraphicLCD.htm
but you might be able to convert them for use with the SED1520.

Re: dot matrix lcd display

Thanks Dave, but missed the URL by that much :-)

http://www.dontronics-shop.com/Micro-LCD-p-1-c-263.html

Don...

--
Don McKenzie