Disruptive Technology: 3's SkypePhone - talk 4,000 min / mon handset-2-handset, etc.

If you know what Skype is (Skype.com), you'll understand why

3's new SkypePhone release is disruptive.

Cf The Australian article for one side of it:

In a nutshell, user will be able to speak to other Skype users (either computer-based and/or other SkypePhone users) from the mobile phone that a SkypePhone is...

for up to 4,000 minutes / month COST FREE

For big SMSers, the 10,000 FREE messages is also impressive.

Checkout 3's web site or Skype.com for details.

Best outright purchase I've seen is via eBay: two (2) for $300.

Kids will no longer need to put their parents into debt, in order to keep in touch with their school friends, et al.

But it's also being promoted for small businesses.

Worth a look,. I think.

Reply to
IVI

Skype: now if only they could give the quality of service that a mobile, or land line gives.

too much delay, too many dropouts, random tones etc.

I call it a 90% service, 90% of the time, not suitable for a professional business.

May be great for kiddies comms. May in fact be fantastic for kiddies comms.

I was one of the first skype customers, but when I saw real VoIP services come along, at good rates, I was one of the first out of it.

Just hope something improves. I still have credit and never used it. Looks like I never will.

my 2 cents worth. :-) (Used to be 2 bob)

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Affiliate Program:   http://www.dontronics.com/affiliate
Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.wizard-of-oz.com

Parallax Propeller Powered .96" OLED module
http://tinyurl.com/2vr2gr
Reply to
Don McKenzie

I had these problems... Had to stop emule before skype call to hear anything. I've changed my ISP and now emule does reasonable transfer speeds, I'm using Skype at the same time (mostly Skype Out to Europe) and it's just like phone besides it costs less. ADSL 2+, Emule limited to 734 KB/s download and 63 KB/s upload.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

**No Don. More like 2.4 pence. I agree about Skype. Useless.

Trevor Wilson

Reply to
Trevor Wilson